Review of HC on Crown Princess

pjs9876

Cruised Feb 1, 2009 on Crown Princess to Eastern Carr.

Cabin Caribe 303

The good

Several feet wider than regular Caribe room. Balcony was extrememly large. Plenty of room for 2 wheelchairs and a 4 wheel scooter.

Bathroom had grab bars,seat and large open area for shower (open on 2 sides with curtain, drain in L shape in the floor) elevated comode.

Room is near elevators and a "straight shot".

Be sure to bring a 15 foot extension cord if charging several items. Scooter was easy and rented from CareVacations. It came on time and was perfect.

The staff in the anytime dining rooms were helpful and we had NO trouble getting a table (we went early or late-never prime time) Late was almost empty.

St. Maartin and St. Thomas were easy to get on and off the ship. Gran Turk would have been but high winds prevented docking.

The not so good

The top of the ramp to outside has to be flipped up to open the door and down to roll over-it was ok but not wonderful

Door to get in requires key then must be pushed open. Not an automatic.

Getting the wheelchair to board required me to go through security, talk to 5 people and then out again.

The staff usually helped in the buffet but they were not there every time.

Rented bungalow. Lots of walking. I would NOT reccommend for those with any walking problems. There is a golf cart but it is not near the tender and hard to locate.

All in all I felt Princess made every effort to help us and the in laws were extremely happy. I would rate it an A-

• 1 month later...

Archived