SENSATION back in Pt. Canaveral - Balcony Photos

Tom-n-Cheryl

Im sure the pics are hard to do the the new balconies justice, but they look like a 7 year old put them together.

LMAO...thats because they are all unfinished...you can see the workers out there on them and all of the partitions leaning against the wall.

:p

Your timing guess is very close to what took place in Tampa with the "newly semi-incomplete partially refurbished" Carnival Inspiration. What became the initial frustration for those passengers was not having access to the indoor waiting area. People were standing on the sidewalks (or shopping/eating @ Channelside) with the carry-on for a much longer period of time than they were expecting.

Similar for the first sailing out of FLL for the Splendor in November. That was not related to a drydock, but rather programming for S&S cards and issues with luggage. Even though the ship had arrived and disembarked Transatlantic passengers the day before and not the morning of sailing, this was the scene just after noon. She didn't sail until after 6.

2015695150103786027S600x600Q85.jpg

Hey Tom, thanks for pics! It will be great if you get some interior pics for us. I'm still hoping you can rustle up one of those new secret suites on the Inspiration too!

I agree some others that she looks a little rough, it may be better once the work is done.

Heard from my sister who is on the Sensation and they are still in port. Apparently, they are waiting for additional supplies to be delivered. There is no tp or Kleenex in the rooms!

They have been told it will be between 6 and 8 when they leave.

:D "No Toilet paper in the Cabins" ! :eek: :D She's off to a GREAT start already ! :eek: Thank God I did not book her till August ! She should be 'Paper Heavy" by then....;)

Heard from my sister who is on the Sensation and they are still in port. Apparently, they are waiting for additional supplies to be delivered. There is no tp or Kleenex in the rooms!:eek:

They have been told it will be between 6 and 8 when they leave.

Okay, I would not mind leaving late for that reason. What type of cabin is she in? Hope she enjoys her cruise once they get moving!:D

I'm not sure but think they just booked an inside this time. I think she is perfectly happy just sitting there in port...as long as she is on the ship! :D

She is a platinum cruiser and doesn't let anything bother her once she steps foot onboard!

They have tp in the public bathrooms...thank goodness!

I spoke with my aunt about 20 minutes ago. Still sitting there, although she's not bothered at all! This is their 1st cruise & she told me she's in awe so far. I'm sooo glad, 'cuz I was the one that "forced" her to take a cruise :p Told her, she'd have the best time!!! (her & DH & 13yr DD & 8yr DS)

I'm not sure but think they just booked an inside this time. I think she is perfectly happy just sitting there in port...as long as she is on the ship! :D

She is a platinum cruiser and doesn't let anything bother her once she steps foot onboard!

They have tp in the public bathrooms...thank goodness!

I can honestly say that I would be the first to be steeling one of those "Public Bathroom" rolls and make it a MY ROOM roll ! :D

It would appear that they turned the webcam at Pt. Canaveral, you can now see the Sensation --- now the question - what time will she actually leave today? !

My guess is 6 PM (she is supposed to leave at 4).

Any others?? :)

http://portcanaveral.org/webcam.htm

Tom

Is she still at the pier? I can't tell which ship that is...looks to be 2 of them though.

I headed over to the port this evening, hoping to get a good shot as she sailed by Rusty's (seafood and oyster bar)... no luck. We did have a nice meal - coronas, fish dip, oysters, wings (you get the idea). I took a couple new pictures (from a distance) just before nightfall and a couple afterwards. We left at 7:00, and she was still tied up.

472606058_bP9Uu-XL.jpg

Tom

Is she still at the pier? I can't tell which ship that is...looks to be 2 of them though.

The Sensation is the smaller of the two (to the left) - the other ship (right side and larger) is an NCL ship which stops here as a port of call on Thursdays. I would guess Disney and the space center are BIG attractions (excursions).

Tom

I headed over to the port this evening, hoping to get a good shot as she sailed by Rusty's (seafood and oyster bar)... no luck. We did have a nice meal - coronas, fish dip, oysters, wings (you get the idea). I took a couple new pictures (from a distance) just before nightfall and a couple afterwards. We left at 7:00, and she was still tied up.

472606058_bP9Uu-XL.jpg

Tom

GREAT Photo Tom !! Thanks..:)

Thanks for the pics Tom and Cheryl. I gotta say though, this is definitely something that is going to have to try and grow on me, as of right now it looks extremely bad, not just aesthetically, it just looks cheap, almost as if the balconies are just gonna fall off, like they did not even bother to try to blend em with the ship, just kinda slapped em on there and said "here ya go!"

They had to place the balconies where they did because of the lifeboats

I thought they would have been a little more like the balconies they added to the costa victoria - but who knows they a not finished yet so they could change

Archived