Can I take a bus to Harrisons Cave or do I have to take a taxi?

NoGvmnt

I plan on visiting Harrisons Cave and The Boatyard when our cruise visits Barbados on March 25th.

Is there a bus that runs by Harrisons Cave from the port or do I have to take a Taxi?

Also, I intend to go to The Boatyard after visiting Harrisons Cave, can I catch a bus to The Boatyard from Harrisons Cave or do I have to take a taxi?

If I have to take a Taxi to both Harrisons Cave and The Boatyard, how much is it going to cost per person?

Thanks, Jim

I plan on visiting Harrisons Cave and The Boatyard when our cruise visits Barbados on March 25th.

Is there a bus that runs by Harrisons Cave from the port or do I have to take a Taxi?

Also, I intend to go to The Boatyard after visiting Harrisons Cave, can I catch a bus to The Boatyard from Harrisons Cave or do I have to take a taxi?

If I have to take a Taxi to both Harrisons Cave and The Boatyard, how much is it going to cost per person?

Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim ~ Larry and I have vacationed on Barbados and the eight days we were there we used the blue buses every day to go from one place to another. The fare is Barbados $1.50

There is a bus stop right outside the cruise terminal and then there is a huge terminal in Bridgeport itself (actually 2).

The boatyard is very close to the cruise terminal, just a few miles, I believe. Here is a link of the bus schedules etc.

www dot transportboard dot com Hope this helps! Els :o)

go to www dot harrisoncave dot com...click on location and then click on how to reach us and it has a detailed description on how to reach them by bus and/or taxi. ~ Els

ps. 2 barbados dollar to 1 US $

Thank you Els, I didn't want to ask this on our roll call as I figured here on the Barbados forum the response may be important to more than just myself.

Again, Thank you

You are welcome. This is really the best place to post a question for Barbados anyway :o)

If you are on the island from 7am-midnite, by all means try the bus system.

But......

If your time is short, please do not expect that the bus system will see you through in a timely manner.

For a visitor on a timetable, I suggest a taxi.

You will have no problems that way.

If you wish to be somewhat daring, taxi to Harrison's and bus back (not a small challenge for the first time visitor).

Even though Barbados is a small island, public transport takes time and it isn't always on time.

The bus is excellent for an 8-hour guest to transport from Holetown to Rockley in a timely manner, but from B-town to Welchman/Harrison's, I would use due diligence on a short (in-port) day and taxi-it for peace-of-mind.

Enjoy your visit. :)

We negotiated taxi fare down to US$70 for family of 4 last year, to take us to caves, wait and drop off in Bridgetown. Took around 3-4 hours, also had a couple of stops(to see view and monkeys) on way back. Go as early as you can to caves, get very busy when a few ships in port. Taxi drivers inside port gates weren't interest in anything less that US$100 a fare! Hope this helps too.icon7.gif

Taxi drivers inside Port gates weren't interested in anything less than US$100 a fare!
Man! I keep telling y'all about the local sharks...all of them on dry land!

Those guys are unreal. :eek:

They are sooo putting themselves outa business!

Yep, did exactly what I swore not to do! But lived to tell the tale. The other drivers we asked just downright rude, miserable, and unhelpful! Had pick of fares that day 4 ships in port, so could choose to be picky i suppose! Will act more sensibley in future(promise!) but I won't be made a fool of either! Advice taken though!

My wife and I did this journey 3 years ago, you need route no, 4 on the blue buses from Bridgtown terminal, but, we found we were faced with a 20 minutes walk from the nearest stop to the caves, don,t know if its still the same, last time we went by car.

Also note the caves are only open Wed through Sun.

We have also used the yellow buses, which are privatly owned, stop anywhere and give you a tootle as they come up behind to see if you want them to stop! these are very handy if you want to do some exploring, say take the bus along the West Coast to Speightstown or Holetown.

The boatyard is on the southern edge of Bridgtown.

http://www.transportboard.com

http://harrisonscave.com

http://www.theboatyard.com/pview.html?p=cruiseship

Archived