hotel near publix, restaraunts, what everyone wants

Hello-Kitty

We just booked the Embassy for March 13th 09 for one night pre-cruise for 159$. Great deal.We signed up for Hilton rewards to get that rate. Sign-up took a minute on their web site. So worth it.

Thanks for everyone's advice. I can't wait !!!!

My mom and I just stayed at the Hyatt Place on 2/04 pre-cruise. The free hotel shuttle picked us up from FLL within 10 minutes of call. Our room was nice, clean, and spacious---the huge flat-screen was really nice at night after a day of flying. The hotel staff were very accommodating---one front desk clerk even walked us outside to show us where to walk for dinner instead of just relaying directions. We went to the Publix (couple minute walk) and browsed all the shops in the plaza nearby and settled on Carlos and Pepe's for dinner. (Which by the way was excellent---huge portions, reasonably priced) It was so nice to have Publix/restaurants all within walking distance---the fresh air felt so good! We ate the free continental breakfast in the morning (I think it ran from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.) I booked through priceline for $91 plus taxes and would be happy to stay there again.

Lots of hotels don't offer airport/port shuttles, because taxis are so reasonable in FLL. Ten bucks will get you to the hotel and another 10 bucks to the port. We didn't choose Hyatt Place for that reason only. We wanted location that was affordable, to stores and restaurants and we got it! Like I said before we stayed at the Embassy and it was great, but in our eyes, pricey. Yes, the Manager's Cocktail get together was nice and the free breakfast was great, as well. We mainly wanted to try another hotel in the area. I think for us it was a good pick at a great price.

I love your Hello Kitty avatar. My 4 year old granddaughter is obsessed with Hello Kitty, to the point that she want her birthday cake to be that. It's cute!

Take care,

Judy

That's good to know; taxis are way more convenient also

Hi!! Back from a great weekend in P.A. hope u all had a nice holiday weekend

Thanks for all the great ideas! Its a great big help, now it looks like i may be driving to Florida:eek: from NJ!!!!!!

I have a friend that needs a vehicle taken down there and he was going to pay 4 it to get shipped, i just did some brainstorming and figured i can help a friend out and save them some money and the meantime get me down there a bit cheaper, maybe now i will get a better hotel!!

And i will have a vehilce as well, so now i have tons more options!

Anyone want a ride!! lol i will to liquor store runs to 12am:D

Archived