hotel near publix, restaraunts, what everyone wants

Hello-Kitty

lmao i know this has been dragged through the mudd, i do it every year and every year i get a crappy hotel, looking for a mid line hotel near publix somewhere we can walk for wine/beer/ food??

anyone anyone

If in Fort Lauderdale try the Embassy suites or Renaissance on 17th street.

Jan

oh yeah city!! duh sometimes i think people know what i mean, lol...any where near Pot Everglades, last year i stayed at the Hampton Inn Plantation and it was great it had shopping and plenty to do, even a mall, but the rate was way high.

Looking for something on 17th street where we can walk to a restaurant and get some spirits!!

Try Hyatt Place.. walking distance to everything you mentioned.. and has been remodeled.. I stayed there when it was the Ameri-suites. Loved the location.... you can get it cheaper on value trips dot com.. than booking directly with the hotel.

Will be our 2nd time staying at Embassy Suites on 17th street March 10th

What you are requesting is why we are staying there again.

Publix, drug store, liquor store, restaurants, and shopping right behind the building,

are all within a maximum 2 block area.

AND Embassy Suites has just taken a big price reduction so worth checking.

Will be our 2nd time staying at Embassy Suites on 17th street March 10th

What you are requesting is why we are staying there again.

Publix, drug store, liquor store, restaurants, and shopping right behind the building,

are all within a maximum 2 block area.

AND Embassy Suites has just taken a big price reduction so worth checking.

:eek: thats a castle!! and way $$$ for a few hours, eek can i travel with you! lol looks nice

Yea a AAA discount right now is about $189.00.

That really is a good price for this time of year in FLL

Remember they have a 2 hour free cocktail party 5 to 7 pm

and a free FULL breakfast in the morning something like 6-9 am

I always figure you have to put a price on that if going out.

It should be $169 plus tax through valuetrips.com.

Also try the HolidayInn Express on 17th St.

Or try a 3 or 4 star on Priceline or Hotwire. Most of the hotels are on 17th St, except for the Riverside which is 2 blocks from a CVS and is in the middle of dozens of restaurants.

I have also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Convention Center on 17th.

Really liked it.

Guess I feel there is more bang for your buck staying at Embassy Suites over HIEX.

The free cocktail hour, and full breakfast have to be worth some $$$ which you will

have to pay out of pocket anywhere else.

HIEX winter rates are not that much cheaper.

Prefer the Embassy Suites location too. Realize it is only a block difference, but those are

really long blocks!!

Lots of hotels don't offer airport/port shuttles, because taxis are so reasonable in FLL. Ten bucks will get you to the hotel and another 10 bucks to the port. We didn't choose Hyatt Place for that reason only. We wanted location that was affordable, to stores and restaurants and we got it! Like I said before we stayed at the Embassy and it was great, but in our eyes, pricey. Yes, the Manager's Cocktail get together was nice and the free breakfast was great, as well. We mainly wanted to try another hotel in the area. I think for us it was a good pick at a great price.

I love your Hello Kitty avatar. My 4 year old granddaughter is obsessed with Hello Kitty, to the point that she want her birthday cake to be that. It's cute!

Take care,

Judy

At the time we stayed at Holiday Inn Express Convention Center on 17th they did have

a airport shuttle so decided to use it.

When we got our luggage called and just missed the shuttle headed back to hotel so had to wait.

To make this story short it took us 1.5 hours to go from picking up our luggage and check into our hotel room.

By taxi this would have been maximum 15 minute ride. Well worth the $15 which includes tip

Archived