Q5 on Victoria - any problems?

thames_side

Anybody been in one of these? What are they like? Are you overlooked?

Hi I have had cabin 4188 on deck 4. These are very nice cabins, but the balconies are partially overlooked as the cabin above is stepped back leaving about half of your balcony open to view from above. Also note that if you have any walking difficulties you have a long walk to the lifts for the dining room

Regards

David

Thanks. I imagine one wants to avoid deck 8 which is just under the open sundeck on deck 9.

It looks as though those balconies are very much open to view. How much noise do you get from the engines and the wake? Presumably more the lower you go.

Thanks. I imagine one wants to avoid deck 8 which is just under the open sun deck on deck 9.

It looks as though those balconies are very much open to view. How much noise do you get from the engines and the wake? Presumably more the lower you go.

Hi Thames Side,

Yes, I think that you would certainly want to avoid a stern cabin on Deck 8, for as you rightly say, you would be overlooked by the general people leaning on the rail just above you. On the lower stern cabins, one would have to be within a few feet of your own balcony rail to be able to be observed by anyone leaning on their balcony rail above. On the 'corner' cabins, the massive 'L'-shaped balcony extends right around to the side of the ship, and here you cannot be overlooked by those above. The other advantage of these balconies is that you can select which part of the balcony to use, depending if you want sun or shade - depending upon the climate that you are in at the time.

Regarding noise; there is SOME engine noise occasionally (mainly when maneuvering), and the same applies to 'wake' noise, but my Wife and I did not find it at all intrusive and were not particularly bothered by this - after all, it is a sea-gong vessel.

As mentioned previously, it is quite a lengthy stroll from the cabin to and from the (QG) Restaurant, but at least it helps to burn off some of those additional calories that one is tempted to consume.

Hope that this helps.

Regards,

David

We had a Q4 cabin on the QV last summer that was located in the sternof the ship. This is the least convenient location for QG guests as the cabin was not located near the elevator bank that goes tot he QG. Midship cabins for QG and PG guests is much more convenient.

Archived