Please help: Venice train station to the ship

Please help,

We'll take a train from Milan to Venice and go directly to the ship (it's stays overnight in Venice). I'm sure we'll not pack lightly considering 12-day cruise and a few days before and after. What are our options to get from the train station (which one?) to the Princess cruise terminal? And how much that may cost?

Thank you,

Please help,

We'll take a train from Milan to Venice and go directly to the ship (it's stays overnight in Venice). I'm sure we'll not pack lightly considering 12-day cruise and a few days before and after. What are our options to get from the train station (which one?) to the Princess cruise terminal? And how much that may cost?

Thank you,

Five years ago we walked to the ship. all our luggage had wheels. We couldn't find a watertaxi to take us. So we just gave up and walked. I think if youexit the train the station before Venice you can catch a street taxi.

Your options I would say are:

1. Take the train into Venice, walk over the new bridge with your luggage, (there are steps but these are very gradual as it has 'supposedly' been designed with luggage in mind) into Piazzale Roma & then either walk, take the free port shuttle or a taxi to the port. However, the free port shuttle does not run every day. The availability will depend upon your departure date and/or the cruise line you are using.

2. From the station in Venice take the number 2 vaporetto to the Tronchetto, (about 2 stops). It is then a fairly short walk to the port. (I'll pop back with a link to a map of the area in a minute if I can find it.

Edit: This is the best map I can find at the moment which shows tronchetto in relation to the port. You can zoom in.

http://www.venicebanana.com/venice_map.php?lang=eng

3. Get off the train at the stop before Venice proper...Mestre...and then take a land taxi from there to the port.

I would opt for the first recommendation that sparky1664 made. Take a good hard luck at the luggage that you are taking with you, especially since you are taking the train. Large bags, especially 30-32 inch, are too big to manage. Anything wider than 18-19 inches is going to be a problem rolling down the isles. If you haven't seen my train site, click on the link in my sig line.

Your options I would say are:

1. Take the train into Venice, walk over the new bridge with your luggage, (there are steps but these are very gradual as it has 'supposedly' been designed with luggage in mind) into Piazzale Roma & then either walk, take the free port shuttle or a taxi to the port. tronchetto in relation to the port. You can zoom in.

3. Get off the train at the stop before Venice proper...Mestre...and then take a land taxi from there to the port.

How much the taxi from either point could cost?

I can't really help with taxi costs apart from to say it will probably be relatively expensive given the distabce involved. Other posters may be able to help here. (We did book a taxi from the port to the airport upon our return, 4 passengers with luggage, 40 euros.)

Which ship will you be sailing on & what date? Maybe I can work out whether there will be a shuttle for you or not.

If you're arriving or departing by train, use the new glass-and-metal Ponte di Calatrava pedestrian bridge to get from Venice's Santa Lucia estazione (station) to the taxi stands at the Piazzale Roma and on to check in at the ship--or you can walk from Piazzale Roma to the ship.

This is a fairly easy walk across the canal, and it will not involve trying to get your luggage onto the vaporettos or water taxis while they are bobbing up and down. It's also the least expensive way to get from Santa Lucia Station to the ship.

charlotte

Archived