Cabin 8594 Serenade of Seas

bozza

Have booked 8594 Hump cabin on Serenade of Seas. Anyone stayed in this cabin?

We stayed in 8588 on Brilliance and loved the bigger balcony and lounge chair but it is not available on this cruise, so have booked this cabin as it is still on the Hump.

Have booked 8594 Hump cabin on Serenade of Seas. Anyone stayed in this cabin?

We stayed in 8588 on Brilliance and loved the bigger balcony and lounge chair but it is not available on this cruise, so have booked this cabin as it is still on the Hump.

That is so funny! That is exactly the cabin we had for our upcoming April cruise until the offered a senior discount on a D1 balcony on Deck 9. We would not have changed if we would have had to go off the hump, but we still got a cabin on the hump to the left side.

But I originally booked 8594 BECAUSE it was the center of the hump. I am guessing you will be fine. There are no bad cabins on the hump. Can't wait to get on Serenade and enjoy it in a few short weeks.

Right next to 8594. Just 2 weeks ago -- great location near stairs & elevators. Great view from the balcony. You will love that location. We had one of the deeper balcony cabins beside the elevator on the opposite side one time and we prefer the hump location. The other deeper balcony felt more "cave" or "tunnel-like". The hump balcony gave us a better view of the sea. Enjoy your cruise!

Sailed in 8594 last yr and found that the cabin needed some updating - cracked tile on sink area & metal rod on the medicine cabinet in the bathroom wldn't stay put.

The cabinets on the left side of the desk were very sticky & difficult to open.

Anyone sail in this cabin lately - has it been fixed yet?

Cruisecrazy, did you mention these things to Guest Services?

I'm surprised things like that are not sorted as we've always found the cabins and the maintenance first class.

It's not put us off at all as most of the comments we have received have been positive.

Also does the Serenade have a champagne card like the Jewel? and does anyone know when Serenade is due for drydock?

Cruisecrazy, did you mention these things to Guest Services?

I'm surprised things like that are not sorted as we've always found the cabins and the maintenance first class.

It's not put us off at all as most of the comments we have received have been positive.

Also does the Serenade have a champagne card like the Jewel? and does anyone know when Serenade is due for drydock?

I also was surprised by this.. I sure did contact G. Services - I wld be remiss if I hadn't! They said thanks & these issues wld be addressed - so am curious as to whether they have been?

I also complained to RCL thru e-mail as well, including an issue regarding the non-existant expediated line in Vancouver, BC at Ballantyne Pier, during my May cruise to Alaska -

I am older & mobility challenged and have problems standing for more than 15 mins at a time even sitting on a suitcase is awkward for me because I need to keep getting up & down and was in the RCL booth lines for over an hr because the expediated line was non-existant.

I also partly book my cruises based on my research regarding same..

I am a solo pax, Platinum & was in a GS suite (if that made any difference anyway)!

The personnel helping to move folks thru security & the waiting room were fine but those manning the RCL booths were appallingly bad and with no expediated line it was awful for not only myself but also for some other folks with mobility problems.

I don't need a wheelchair so do not presume to take it away from someone who might but I need that line to avoid much standing....

RCL was not only unsympathetic but suggested I needed to 'look' more carefully because Vancouver, Canada does have that service and suggested if not it was the Ballantyne Piers fault not RCLs..

What has an RCL line got to do with the docking authority anyway & that they cldn't/wldn't answer!!!!

An RCL employee I questioned admitted someone? had neglected to set it up!! RCL also suggested that I fake inability to walk and get a wheelchair - :(

Needless to say I wasn't much impressed!

While I have usually had great service from RCL, this was upsetting.

Am off to Alaska again in May so will be looking for the 'phantom' line again but if it isn't operational I shall go to a RCL employee and explain my problem and see what happens -

if I can get someone in line to save my space :)

Hope u have great cruisin'!

Archived