Last Minute Booking, how late can I book?

IResQU

Hi I just booked last week for a cruise that leaves Feb 28. I explained to the Carnival rep that we didnt know if it could be done on such a short notice and I was told that people do it all the time almost up to the last moment. While I dont have a cabin assignment yet, I feel that we got a really good price, and would actually consider booking LATE again. But then, I always was a spur of the moment person. Good Luck--I know you will do fine!!

I booked on a Friday and left the following Monday once. I believe you can book up to 48 hours prior to sailing. I usually find prices are generally cheapest about 1 month out and then start climbing from there unless they aren't selling at all and then maybe they drop a bit.

We just got back from a b2b on the Imagination. When we got up to get off the ship after the second leg we decided to see if we could stay on for another 3 days. We called reservatios and were told that the ship was sold out but we could wait at the pier to see if somebody didn't show up. We decided to go ahead and head home, but had their been any rooms we could have booked same day.

I check the Carnival website everyday for the prices for my cruise that is leaving Monday. Today was the first day that the website said the cruise wasn't available for booking. So I am guessing on the website you can book up to 2-3 days in advance. But calling might get an available room. The prices have gone up and down since I booked a few weeks ago. I could have gotten a better price if I had waited a few days but my crystal ball was on the fritz.

Michelle

You would just have to be on board 90 minutes before sailing. I have met passengers you had booked a 4 hours from the sailing. They live near the port and call to see if anything is available the morning of the cruise.

Actually if you book so late you cant print out the edocs, the new rules say 2 hours before sailing, 90 minutes is only if you have filled out edocs. .... just so no one is not allowed on the ship.

Actually if you book so late you cant print out the edocs, the new rules say 2 hours before sailing, 90 minutes is only if you have filled out edocs. .... just so no one is not allowed on the ship.

Actual it's 60 minutes before debarkation with e-docs filled out and 90 minutes without them filled out. At least according to Carnivals website.

faq.gifspacer.gifImportant Embarkation Arrival Advisory and Embarkation Processspacer.gifGovernment regulations for U.S. departure ports require that a final departure manifest is submitted 60 minutes prior to departure. Guests must provide us with the required information prior to embarkation. The easiest and most convenient way is to complete our FunPass on line registration process (www.carnival.com/mycruise) at least (3) three days prior to departure. Guests that do not complete the registration process prior to embarkation are required to check-in at least 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time.

In addition, U.S. Customs and Border Protection will no longer be accepting oral declarations to satisfy the requirements for identity and citizenship documentation. Guests must present the proper travel documentation at embarkation. For complete information on the required travel documentation, please visit the U.S. Government website (www.travel.state.gov).

Archived