it's official! just put down deposit for first-ever cruise!

Sigyn

I'll soon be a newbie no more. Well, soon is perhaps stretching it a bit. In seven months I'll be a cruise newbie no more! I put down my deposit today for a cruise for myself, husband and toddler son, and our friends put down their deposit for the room right next to us. Should be lots of fun! We're headed to New England/Canada out of New York in September, on the Carnival Triumph! We opted for a balcony room on the Lido deck so that should be a good location.

Seems like a good starter cruise for a newbie. Now, I just have to figure out what to pack. :D

thanks, everyone! the early saver prices (with non-refundable deposits) made the Lido balcony rooms a tad less than we were going to pay for oceanview on lower decks before the new prices were offered! love the deal!

we're hanging out in NYC for a few days before the cruise so that will be cool, too. I've only been to NYC once, for business, and didn't get to see much. so I'm looking really forward to that part.

I'll soon be a newbie no more. Well, soon is perhaps stretching it a bit. In seven months I'll be a cruise newbie no more! I put down my deposit today for a cruise for myself, husband and toddler son, and our friends put down their deposit for the room right next to us. Should be lots of fun! We're headed to New England/Canada out of New York in September, on the Carnival Triumph! We opted for a balcony room on the Lido deck so that should be a good location.

Seems like a good starter cruise for a newbie. Now, I just have to figure out what to pack. :D

Pack warm clothes lol It's rarely shorts weather here in NY in September :) Congrats on your first cruise. The Triumph was my first cruise and I was hooked :)

Wasn't ever real sure I would like cruising until our first cruise which was on the Legend out of New York. Let me tell you, be prepared to be shocked at the beauty of a ship when you get onboard. I was so amazed by it all. We will be doing our second cruise out of Baltimore on the Pride in May and I can hardly wait. We are getting to intriduce our very good friends to the "cruisin' life" and hoping they love it as much as we did.

Congratulations Njsmom. You will love the Triumph. We went to the Western Caribbean on her and had a blast. If you have any questions, ask them on these boards. Someone is bound to know the answer to all your questions. Have a great cruise.:)

Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising ! You'll never look at vacation the same way again ! :D (It took me two days after my first cruise to book my second ;))

oh, I love that you guys all say nearly the same thing, that we're going to love cruising so much that we'll want to do it again. our friends have been trying to get us to cruise with them for years, but my husband always balks. he finally gave in and said he'd do this one, but is already saying as soon as this one is over, he'll go back to "regular" vacations where we fly in and stay at a hotel on land.

so, I can't wait to see him change his mind once he experiences a cruise. our friends already have the next one in mind - a summer 2010 cruise out of long beach or san diego, whichever dates and ports of call we prefer.

oh, I love that you guys all say nearly the same thing, that we're going to love cruising so much that we'll want to do it again. our friends have been trying to get us to cruise with them for years, but my husband always balks. he finally gave in and said he'd do this one, but is already saying as soon as this one is over, he'll go back to "regular" vacations where we fly in and stay at a hotel on land.

so, I can't wait to see him change his mind once he experiences a cruise. our friends already have the next one in mind - a summer 2010 cruise out of long beach or san diego, whichever dates and ports of call we prefer.

I had cruised a couple of times before DH and I got married. He was open to the idea but not to the point of giving up the land based vacations. Once we cruised, he suddenly became totally engrossed on reading all about all of the sister ships, studying their deck plans, researching ports of call and itineraries etc.

He could so easily work for Carnival now if we lived closer. lol

Your husband will love that he can unpack and then just relax without having to drive the family around. I would give him the "homework" of researching ports of call and excursions before you go. By the time you cruise, you will have him totally on board! (No pun intended) ;)

Regular vacations are not as much fun and probably a lot more expensive. I mean come on, $500-700 per person for room and board, food and entertainment. Can't beat it. If I were a betting man I would think your husband will have a blast.:)

Archived