upgrade from BA Caribe to AA Dolphin???

MsJ

Hi.....we are on the Crown Sunday..we had a BA cabin which we requested as we like the larger balcony.....we just filled out luggage tags with BA #..I just ran off the Travel Summary and saw that we are now in an AA cabin in D403.......wondering why??????? this is our first sail as Platinum....we picked the Caribe balconey last April..do they upgrade 2 days before a cruise???????? I am in a dither here.....never had an upgrade in the 12 cruises we have taken....should we take off the caribe luggage tags and put on dolphin ones???? I never got a call from Princess or TA..... this is school vacation week and the ships are usually full ...always a sign on desk that ship has no extra cabins available.......looks like I we will be living the life of minisuiters:)

Marianne

Hi.....we are on the Crown Sunday..we had a BA cabin which we requested as we like the larger balcony.....we just filled out luggage tags with BA #..I just ran off the Travel Summary and saw that we are now in an AA cabin in D403.......wondering why??????? this is our first sail as Platinum....we picked the Caribe balconey last April..do they upgrade 2 days before a cruise???????? I am in a dither here.....never had an upgrade in the 12 cruises we have taken....should we take off the caribe luggage tags and put on dolphin ones???? I never got a call from Princess or TA..... this is school vacation week and the ships are usually full ...always a sign on desk that ship has no extra cabins available.......looks like I we will be living the life of minisuiters:)

Marianne

Sounds like your TA didn't call you; it's their responsibility as normally, they are notified. Princess wouldn't notify you directly unless you booked directly with the cruiseline. It also sounds like your TA left your booking that you would accept an upgrade, which is the default. If you didn't want to be moved, you should have it marked "No upgrade."

If it were me, I'd relax and enjoy the mini-suite although IMHO, the Caribe deck balcony that's half-covered/half-uncovered is preferable. The extra space and larger bathroom in the mini-suite is nice so enjoy it.

Caribe deck is larger and half covered half uncovered. Dolphin is totally uncovered.

BA is an upgrade, but I wouldn't want a totally uncovered balcony.

Pam's right. Your TA should have done her homework. If you didn't want the upgrade or you like where you were, then your TA should have noted that.

to be honest it seems so long ago when I booked it....I thought I said no upgrade.....its ok...I am looking forward to seeing the minisuites..so many people on here seemed to like them......its midship which is a good location.....as we have stayed in BA Caribe cabins twice on the Grand and once on the Crown...it makes it like a mini adventure to get a surprise like this....we have had all kinds of cabins and we have had great cruises each time....just hope I dont get spoiled with the mini!!!!!!!! Marianne

Congrats on the upgrade to a mini. I have stayed in my uncovered mini's and they are wonderful. sure people can look down at you but I look up, we wave and then go about our business. You will love the mini's, have more room and a combo tub/shower. Have fun.

Marilyn

I must agree with mii. A mini suite is wonderful and a great upgrade from a balcony. The inside sitting area and larger bathroom are wonderful. Yes, the minisuite on dolphin is uncovered as opposed to the balcony on caribe which is half covered. I have had covered and uncovered minisuites as well as balconies on aloha and bravo as well as on Caribe. I would not hesitate to enjoy a mini on dolphin deck. Yes, people can look down on me but I can see everyone all the way up to the aloha deck unless they stay back by the sliding door. There really is no privacy. When I had a mini suite on dolphin, I would turn around and wave to anyone looking down. It is amazing how quickly people stopped staring down at me and we all went about our own business. Another advantage is that on the dolphin deck you can look right down onto the water. All decks above have to look past other decks to the water.

Enjoy the upgrade.

I love the covered balconies and thought I would detest our uncovered mini this past summer - but I didn't...

we soon forgot all about the people above us when we enjoyed our balcony.

and we thoroughly enjoyed the extra room - and the tub...wonderful!

we've got a cruise booked to Hawaii almost 2 years out and we booked a mini.

We received an upgrade to an AA Dolphin...midship is good..no, midship is great! There seems to be less motion here if the cruise ship encounters wind or choppy waters. You are very close to the elevators and staircases. And no, there is no noise from the elevators...they are pretty silent. The uncovered balcony is not an issue...you just see so much more when you are entering or leaving port...and we were not bothered by neighbors from any direction watching us. Usually everyone is on "their own cruise"! The full bathroom....the living room....just a sweet place...and yes, you will be spoiled with these minisuites! Take it! You will not regret it!

Enjoy the cruise!

Hi ..we are off today..I will enjoy the minisuite upgrade....always thought upgrades just happened to others...plus I figured as it is school vacation week the ship would be full.......the covered part pf the Caribe deck is good for my husband who is fair haired and tries to keep out of the sun when possible...but oh well....our first suite...Im taking it!!!!!!!

Archived