Admiral Fells Inn (Baltimore)

eddiesgal

I haven't stayed there but the last several reviews on trip advisor are not good...seems they have a habit of overbooking and/or having people fromJohns Hopkins stay over, resulting in a guest having to be walked to another hotel....

i wouldn't stay there....there are plenty of other options over in the inner harbor or in the area of aliceanna street.....and close enough to fells point.

I haven't stayed there but the last several reviews on trip advisor are not good...seems they have a habit of overbooking and/or having people fromJohns Hopkins stay over, resulting in a guest having to be walked to another hotel....

i wouldn't stay there....there are plenty of other options over in the inner harbor or in the area of aliceanna street.....and close enough to fells point.

We got it on priceline and unfortunately we're stuck there:(:(:(

I've seen those reviews and was hoping they cleaned up their act a bit but we're not going to hold our breath. I guess we'll expect the worst while hoping for the best.

We got it on priceline and unfortunately we're stuck there:(:(:(

I've seen those reviews and was hoping they cleaned up their act a bit but we're not going to hold our breath. I guess we'll expect the worst while hoping for the best.

Oh carp ! well i guess that is the risk with PL...........i would say this....maybe take a camera and if your room is really bad, get pix and ask them to change it?? and then send THAT to PL??!!! Not that you will get anything from PL but you never know.

I've never stayed there, but one thing I'd advise is to expect a lot of noise on the weekends. It's in the Fells Point area of Baltimore Some of Homicide, Life on the Streets was filmed here at what my mom calls the recreation pier (big building on the harbor). Fells Point is a quaint area but you would need a taxi if you were to take a cruise out of Baltimore. Admiral Fells Inn is old and historic. It's in the heart of Fells Point. They do have a water taxi that will take you over to Harbor Place but I'm not sure if it still runs in cooler weather. Admiral Fells Inn, from what I remember is a brick building and it has a tea room or restaurant open to the public.

Perhaps our experience is now out of date...

We stayed at Admiral Fell's a couple of years ago in November ... and LOVED it! We had a visitor from Canada who liked being in a place where the rooms are not cookie-cutter and a little bit quirky. There are some great restaurants nearby and I think we had one dinner at the Inn, which we really enjoyed.

For what it's worth, we find some Trip Advisor reviews bear no resemblance to the places we stay at.

In terms of availability issues, perhaps if you call in advance to reconfirm, maybe they would share with you if they are fully booked or not.

Charm City is a great place to visit. Bon voyage!

Has anybody recently stayed here and if so, any thoughts on it's quality?

Thank you in advance for you kind responses.

I actually work for Johns Hopkins, and I do know we schedule visiting doctors to stay at the Admiral Fell. I don't think they'd book so often if the quality was lacking.

I have been there twice for a luncheon for work and we were able to see some of the rooms and the food was pretty good (if not a little fancy for my tastes, lol). The rooms were so pretty, I really wanted to stay there for a romantic weekend and I don't live too far away.

Fells point on the weekend is a hoppng place, but a lot of fun too.

If you decide to stay there, I hope you have a great time!

I like the fact that it's within walking distance to so many places. Let's just hope our reservation is secure and we don't end up without a room.

I was reading on trip advisor about a gentleman that even called beforehand to confirm and still ended up without their room:(

I like the fact that it's within walking distance to so many places. Let's just hope our reservation is secure and we don't end up without a room.

I was reading on trip advisor about a gentleman that even called beforehand to confirm and still ended up without their room:(

well you have gotten some positives too.....maybe it won't be bad!!

(hey look, my nutty cousin PLed a room at a marriott-brand. HE got upgraded to a really nice room---lucky him...(creep!);)

We stayed at the Admiral Fell a few months ago (also booked from Priceline). Though it is not the newest hotel with the most modern ammenities, it is very charming and clean. The hotel was not noisy; it is a bit of a pain to navigate the narrow halls and steps with luggage, but the staff was incredibly helpful. I got a surprise cake from Charm City Cakes, and they provided us with knives, forks, and plates from the kitchen. The shuttle bus they offer is very convenient too, especially in rainy or cold weather. Very convenient to a lot of great restaurants that Baltimore has (Charleston was fabulous!).

We stayed at the Admiral Fell a few months ago (also booked from Priceline). Though it is not the newest hotel with the most modern ammenities, it is very charming and clean. The hotel was not noisy; it is a bit of a pain to navigate the narrow halls and steps with luggage, but the staff was incredibly helpful. I got a surprise cake from Charm City Cakes, and they provided us with knives, forks, and plates from the kitchen. The shuttle bus they offer is very convenient too, especially in rainy or cold weather. Very convenient to a lot of great restaurants that Baltimore has (Charleston was fabulous!).

Thanks for the great review. What a great surprise getting a cake from Charm City Cakes! It's one of my favorite programs to watch on the food channel. Is it nearby? Nice to know about the shuttle too!

Archived