What is open on Sunday in Samana ?

crusinmama22

We are booked on the Dawn 2/12/10, so we will be in Samana on Sunday.

Has anyone else arrived on a Sunday ? If so is it business as usual ?

We experienced on a Christmas-New Years Cruise, most everything was closed when we got to the beach. We were on an excursion thru Caranival in the port of Belize, we arrived on New Years Eve.

Any help you can give would be appreciated as the above was a huge disppointment (oh yeah it rained to boot -- that is why we decided to go shopping -- but everything was closed.

Thanks.

I'd take an excursion in Samana. Check out Casa Dorado on the Dominican Republic boards for a trip to Playa Rincon. It is a wonderful destination and was our favorite stop on the cruise. There is not much to do/see if walking into town.

We leave 2/12/10 which is a Friday.

We are hoping to fly in on Thurs eve late -- as my husband and daughter are teachers and they can't take Friday much less Thursday too.

We like the idea of a 9 day. I have only been on 7 and 8 days cruises, where as my daughter has been on the Dawn on a 12 day and loved it.

We leave 2/12/10 which is a Friday.

We are hoping to fly in on Thurs eve late -- as my husband and daughter are teachers and they can't take Friday much less Thursday too.

We like the idea of a 9 day. I have only been on 7 and 8 days cruises, where as my daughter has been on the Dawn on a 12 day and loved it.

gotcha. thanks.

Archived