Help!!!!

faith1

Hey everyone, I would like you all too know that we have decided to go!!:) Again, I would like to thank everyone who responded with such kind, compassionate and understanding, that I appreciate every word. Those who were not so nice we will just leave out!!!!! My husband and I and our daughter will have a great time! I just needed to go through my anxiety and work through it. I am not saying I will not be nervous, but I will try to enjoy myself. But all your advice has helped me do that!!!!!

Take care

Faith I am glad you decided to go. Please consider talking with counselor or therapist about these anxiety issues - they may be able to help you find medical and non-medical ways to avoid or lessen your anxiety and fears. It would be sad if your anxiety kept you from being able to enjoy your precious time together with your family.

Hey everyone, I would like you all too know that we have decided to go!!:) Again, I would like to thank everyone who responded with such kind, compassionate and understanding, that I appreciate every word. Those who were not so nice we will just leave out!!!!! My husband and I and our daughter will have a great time! I just needed to go through my anxiety and work through it. I am not saying I will not be nervous, but I will try to enjoy myself. But all your advice has helped me do that!!!!!

Take care

Faith,

Just to let you know that during the cruises I have been on, I have never seen anything that you might be worried about occur. Sometimes you read about these things that happen on ships, but I believe that the news media have a tendency to blow things way out of proportion. They like to put glitter on something unimportant just to get a headline.

I too suffer from panic attacks. I do not like to be in the middle of large crowds and will get up & leave when I feel one coming on. Usually I have to stop & rationalize why I feel this way. I then pull myself together and make adjustments for the attack.

Go & have a great time on the Gem. just relaxing on a vacation is enough to remove your worries and set you mind at ease.

Gene

Faith..... I'm so happy you decided to go!!!

it's the right decision... and once you've tackled this huge step, I'm sure you'll feel much better for it!!!

If you take a few basic precautions (Good insurance, first-aid pack, and knowing where to find the on-board doctor) I'm sure everything will be fine!!

Congratulations on making such a HUGE decision.... and have a wonderful cruise with your little girl........ I'm sure you'll have a blast, and have many more cruises!!!

Take care

You have made a wonderful decision for your family. Just WAIT until you see the expression on your litlte girls face when she sees that ship. Try to relax and look forward to the family time together and focus on what a wonderful experience you are giving your daughter.

I wish you and your family a wonderful trip.

CG

PS: Be sure to come back after your cruise and let us know where you are going on your next one! ;)

As someone who HAS gotten sick on a cruise (it was my first cruise, I'm prone to migraines, I forgot my meds on board the ship...) there is no one out there who is more compassionate, more loving, more willing to help than the crew of these wonderful ships.

Luckly I wasn't seriously ill (I was better after 12 hours) but I knew I was in good hands. I did have to laugh about it afterwards, both at my own stupidity in not carrying my meds with me, and at the cabin steward who looked at me indulgently as if I were 5 (I was 28 at the time) and said "This is why children in my country don't eat much chocolate"

You will love cruising!

You will have a great time..Go and enjoy yourself. We have taken our children for several years and have had a great time. The medical staff IF you need them are wonderful...One trip youngest woke up with pink eye, one trip hubby had sinus trouble and one trip eldest had upper resp. Well, all was taken care of and my hubby who is an RN was very very inpressed with the medical services available....Go and no worries!

Faith,

Have you signed up on the roll call for your cruise? Maybe you'll feel better talking with and getting to know some others who will be sailing with you.

God Bless,

Peg

That is an such an excellent suggestion, Peg. I also suffer from panic attacks from time to time in various situations and the one unifying factor in all of them is the feeling that I am completely alone and on my own. Once I do some self-talk and come to see that I am one in a sea of millions of people who are just like me, it always makes me feel calmer. So going to the roll call and getting to know the folks that will be sailing with you is a HUGE benefit when you're feeling sort of isolated in your own little world.

Archived