Serenade D1 Aft Cabins - Pictures??

cruiseaholic13

This will be our first time sailing on a ship that has cabins on the back of the ship. We have always really enjoyed our mid-ship balcony rooms and are a little apprehensive to try something new. We are mostly concerned about the privacy and noise of these rooms, but they look awesome otherwise! Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms on the Serenade of the Seas? Would love to see a picture of one of these rooms!! Thanks!

We were just on the Serenade but had a JS. We have had a D-1 on her sister, Radiance. They are great cabins. The balconies are tiered so you can see down onto the lower decks, but only a couple of feet each. The balconies are partially covered which I prefer and very deep. The aft is very quiet, which is another plus. We never had any soot, which can be an issue on other ships. The balcony barriers are swept back from about the same level as the railing. The angle is such that the only way you can check on your neighbors is to crane your neck around the barrier. Of course when we were on the Radiance every aft cabin except 1600 was inhabitated by CC members of our thread. We had a great time back there. Join your Meet and Mingle group and I'd bet there are quite a few savvy cruisers booked in aft cabins.

I wish I had pictures to share but I don't. I know there are pictures of the aft of the Radiance class ships on CC. Just do a search or go to the RCI board.

The long walk to the centrum stairs was a calculated part of my daily exercise routine. Somehow it lessened the guilt...not much.

Enjoy your cabin and your cruise.

We were just on the Serenade but had a JS. We have had a D-1 on her sister, Radiance. They are great cabins. The balconies are tiered so you can see down onto the lower decks, but only a couple of feet each. The balconies are partially covered which I prefer and very deep. The aft is very quiet, which is another plus. We never had any soot, which can be an issue on other ships. The balcony barriers are swept back from about the same level as the railing. The angle is such that the only way you can check on your neighbors is to crane your neck around the barrier. Of course when we were on the Radiance every aft cabin except 1600 was inhabitated by CC members of our thread. We had a great time back there. Join your Meet and Mingle group and I'd bet there are quite a few savvy cruisers booked in aft cabins.

I wish I had pictures to share but I don't. I know there are pictures of the aft of the Radiance class ships on CC. Just do a search or go to the RCI board.

The long walk to the centrum stairs was a calculated part of my daily exercise routine. Somehow it lessened the guilt...not much.

Enjoy your cabin and your cruise.

Thank you so much!! I will keep my aft cabin!! Do you see any advantage to the 10th deck over the 9th? We have 1680 right now, but are wondering if we should go with the 9th deck to avoind noise from windjammer. Thanks!

Cruiseaholic, I think you have an incorrect cabin number but we prefer the tenth deck. We usually stay on the top deck and only once on any ship have we had noise issues, and that was on Celebrity. The deck 10 cabins are under the patio of the Windjammer and it doesn't get much action early in the morning or very late in the evening. The only exception will probably be leaving San Juan and who could blame anyone for watching the Puerto Rican coast at sailaway. You can still get lurkers from the Windjammer on deck 9. We have never had a problem.

Cruiseaholic, I think you have an incorrect cabin number but we prefer the tenth deck. We usually stay on the top deck and only once on any ship have we had noise issues, and that was on Celebrity. The deck 10 cabins are under the patio of the Windjammer and it doesn't get much action early in the morning or very late in the evening. The only exception will probably be leaving San Juan and who could blame anyone for watching the Puerto Rican coast at sailaway. You can still get lurkers from the Windjammer on deck 9. We have never had a problem.

Thanks alcpa1! You were right, our cabin is 1604...must of been half asleep when I typed it! Thank you so much for the feedback!! We are definately going to keep our 10th deck cabin!! Just wish we were going sooner!!

Archived