Terrymtex01...

ken85121

I hope it is ok that I do this...

I didn't want to hijack the post where you posted this and couldn't figure out how to send a personal note (maybe you can't on these boards) but I have a question.

You mentioned you stayed at the Ft. Lauderdale Grande Hotel and Yatch Club prior to a cruise out of Miami in another post. We are thinking about doing the same thing for our upcoming NCL Pearl cruise 12/5/09. It's our first cruise ever. I'm curious what type of room you had and where does the water taxi go? Can you take the water taxi to the port to board the ship?

Thanks! :)

I didn't want to hijack the post where you posted this and couldn't figure out how to send a personal note (maybe you can't on these boards) but I have a question.

You mentioned you stayed at the Ft. Lauderdale Grande Hotel and Yatch Club prior to a cruise out of Miami in another post. We are thinking about doing the same thing for our upcoming NCL Pearl cruise 12/5/09. It's our first cruise ever. I'm curious what type of room you had and where does the water taxi go? Can you take the water taxi to the port to board the ship?

I don't mind you doing this at all. Can't speak for CC of course. 8-)

We got a room that was a canal view. They have some that are like in a two story area that is around the pool on one side and overlooks the canal on the other side and I think they were even expensive. We were on the tenth floor and overlooked the pool and canals. We got our room for between $150.00 to $200.00 which for Ft. Lauderdale was very reasonable when we went. The hotel is decorated (both lobby and rooms) kind of like you would envision a NY modern style hotel (which is not really my taste), but it is a beautiful hotel non the less and we really liked their staff.

The water taxi is terrific. There are like 14 or 15 stops around Ft. Lauderdale. You pay a small fee for a day pass and you can ride it all day long. It's like getting a cheap excursion. Here is their link:

http://www.watertaxi.com/

We had a ball and can't wait to go back. Any other questions, just let me know.

Here was our only problem with the water taxi. We (at the hotel we were staying in) were about midway on the water taxi's route. Unfortunately it doesnt do a circle, but rather a line from point A to point B with stops along the way. They do have boats running every 30 minutes, I believe, in each direction.

Say we were at the hotel and got on the water taxi going in the direction of Ft. Lauderdale beach. That took, from our hotel to the end of the line about 1 to 1.5 hours. Then you have to take that same route to get back to the hotel and go the opposite direction from the hotel. All in all i would say it is a good three to four hours, maybe more, if you went furtherst point to furtherest point. Don't know if that makes sense really.. Just the only way I know to describe it.

Here was our only problem with the water taxi. We (at the hotel we were staying in) were about midway on the water taxi's route. Unfortunately it doesnt do a circle, but rather a line from point A to point B with stops along the way. They do have boats running every 30 minutes, I believe, in each direction.

Say we were at the hotel and got on the water taxi going in the direction of Ft. Lauderdale beach. That took, from our hotel to the end of the line about 1 to 1.5 hours. Then you have to take that same route to get back to the hotel and go the opposite direction from the hotel. All in all i would say it is a good three to four hours, maybe more, if you went furtherst point to furtherest point. Don't know if that makes sense really.. Just the only way I know to describe it.

It makes sense and I get the idea. It still sounds well worth it! Chris and I always miss photo opps that we "should" have taken. This way, we'll have a second chance. Next time we are in FLL that is.

It makes sense and I get the idea. It still sounds well worth it! Chris and I always miss photo opps that we "should" have taken. This way, we'll have a second chance. Next time we are in FLL that is.

We have a lot of photos from the water taxi rides we took. You are right there are a lot of photo ops. Interesting things like Ricky and Lucy's house they had there, and then the house built by Andy Griffith (I think that is who it was) on their property they sold to him, the house owned by the people who own Petsmart, the house owned by the guy who owns all the car dealerships in Miami.. OH.. even a 600 sq foot fixer upper that was on sale when we were there for $6 million.

We have a lot of photos from the water taxi rides we took. You are right there are a lot of photo ops. Interesting things like Ricky and Lucy's house they had there, and then the house built by Andy Griffith (I think that is who it was) on their property they sold to him, the house owned by the people who own Petsmart, the house owned by the guy who owns all the car dealerships in Miami.. OH.. even a 600 sq foot fixer upper that was on sale when we were there for $6 million.

That reminds me...one of our favorite houses was on a ferry to another island. It was the house that the "White Castle" guy built. It was great. Does anyone remember which island to which island we saw this?

I am also on the 12/5 sailing and found the info useful thanx.

Archived