Total Casual on the Conquest

WJ228

My DW are going completely casual for the cruise. We planning to eat one night in the Supper Club. My question is can you wear shorts in the evening at the buffet area, and can you order food from the dinning room from the buffet area?

Thanks for your help.

Warren

My DW are going completely casual for the cruise. We planning to eat one night in the Supper Club. My question is can you wear shorts in the evening at the buffet area, and can you order food from the dinning room from the buffet area?

Thanks for your help.

Warren

the buffet area is it's own thing, from what I understand, you get what's there. I don't think you can go total casual at the supper club, they recommend shirts and tie and slack at the bare minimum. You don't have to have the sports coat.

Of course you can be as casual as you want for the buffet. You could be in your bathing suit if you wanted, no one cares. Don't think you get to order anything special when choosing the buffet. You just get to be as comfortable as you want to be there. Supper Club does have a dress code.

Just so you know, the Conquest main dining areas are pretty casual, compared to 6 yrs ago. We saw lots of jeans with shirts/polos at dinner, just not on "cruise elegant" night, then we saw a mix of tuxes, suits and even just shirts/ties.

It was a hard sell on the second "elegant night" to get my college son in a tie, but he's such a good kid he did it for mom :)

There is no real service at the alternative dining areas, other than busing the tables and the usual spectacular service that Carnival delivars!

Enjoy however you decide to do it!

My DW are going completely casual for the cruise. We planning to eat one night in the Supper Club. My question is can you wear shorts in the evening at the buffet area,

Warren

Yep.......you can also wear nice shorts in the dining room on casual nights.....

yes, you can wear shorts, we saw that as well, the point I was trying to make was that it was very casual and comfortable. I can't remember for certain, but most likely my DS wore shorts with a polo. He went through middle school and high school in the high desert area and never wore jeans/pants except for required days. He is very comfortable with his legs ;)

I can not comment on the specialty restaurant, we loved our table mates and did not want to miss an evening with them :)

She can do room service?? Its free, just add a tip. Wouldnt have all the choices of the buffet though.

PS most of the dining room choices, except lobster, will also be in the buffet the same night.

Fly, there is no hot food on the room service is there? I thought someone said it was all sandwiches and such??

Archived