Ocean View Stateroom 2007 on Millenium

pseudochicken

Hellow fellow cruisers,

I was wondering if there is anything I should know about the forward ocean view staterooms on the 2nd level on the Millenium class of ships. As booked, I will be in stateroom 2007 for an Alaskan Southbound cruise this June on the Millenium.

I understand that it IS under the theatre, and towards the front, but off to the side. I am considering upgrading to a balcony (if the cost isn't too severe) but at the very least I'll have this room. If I do get a balcony, I will not have a port side room (for a Southbound Alaskan cruise, port is ideal since it faces the coast).

Anyhow, any knowledge on whether this room is ok? Anything I should be aware about? Thanks in advance!

Hi, i would really consider the upgrade to a balcony. I had a balcony on deck seven, portside facing land, well worth it. I have had cabin very close to yours but on deck three. I had no problems with the noise from the theater. If you don't upgrade you will still have a wonderfull experience. Just two decks up is the prominade deck. Always fine views. Alaska is my favorite destination!!

Enjoy!!!!!!:)

We were in room 2119, which is more mid ship than yours, but same floor. We were very happy with the room and will probably book a room on this floor again next year. We weren't in the room much and appreciated the cost savings compared to a balcony room. Nothing to really mention noise-wise, only thing I noticed is when I first entered the room, it did feel like you're really close to the waves, but we got used to it quickly. Two big plusses to being on this floor is that it's a quick one flight down the stairs to enter or exit the ship (very nice not to wait for elevators when everyone is getting on and off). Also you get a nice large storage shelf area under the window that you lose with a balcony room. http://www.svee.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=40&pos=6

hi, yes what you said is true. you do lose that window sill space under the window.it is very handy. i must agree that you are not in your cabin a whole lot but, when we did our alska cruise the day of hubbard glacier, it was very nice to sit out on your balcony and watch the ice from the glacier while not leaving your room. you could also just go up on deck to, i must say though that when we were not in port we were almost always on our balcony. it was very handy, and i think well worth it. i must admit it but it is a big price difference (especially if you have the land package, which we did not do) i think i would of traded the balcony for the land package. you also get, i think a better view from the balcony. in the long run i would try and get the balcony, but if it is really out of your price range i would not bother getting the upgrade. think about if you think you will use it. :):)

Thanks for the input. The pic is nice too. That room looks decent enough, and should the balcony end up being too expensive, then ending up with that would be fine.

I will probably give our TA (Southwest) a call tonight or tomorrow and see what I can do.

Another problem is the excursions we are doing are expensive. And I will NOT be skimping out on those. Helicopter and glacier hike at Juneau, kayaking at ISP , riverboat tour at Ketchikan, train ride up White Pass Trail and biking back to Skagway. All said and done, will be about $1200 in excursions... but, I think that THOSE are definitely worth it.

Hey, just to update you pumpkin 11, I upgraded to a guaranteed balcony room. Only a total of $200 more! :D Hopefully it won't be in some strange location (like above a disco) or anything. We'll see! But I am very happy with the fact that we'll have a balcony!!!

it was very nice to sit out on your balcony and watch the ice from the glacier while not leaving your room. ):)

I have never done an Alaska cruise, only Caribbean. You make a very good point and I will definitely keep a balcony in mind when I book an Alaska cruise as it sounds like it's more worth it than for a Caribbean cruise. Thanks!

Archived