Recent Conquest Capers??

teencruiser09

I agree...I dont want to see CNN or hear CNN. Is it really that loud? What about the band, heck I would even enjoy the piped in music, is all of that gone? So no music during the day? This really sucks. I know they spent a lot of money on it. But I hope they hear our plea and limited the tv time.

Oh, man! Hopefully someone with Carnival will read these boards and make some adjustment for the use of the seaside theater!

Thank you- many of these I had not seen. Nice to get some real idea of what all has happened and what to look forward to. I can do without the big picture unless there are movies, nobody was really complaining about the ship before dry dock, so I am sure we will have a wonderful time.

I am now concerned about the big screen being too loud. We chose a cabin on lido and now worried if the noise will carry to the cabins on that deck. If anyone has had a cabin on lido since the screen was put in please let us know if you had any problems with sound.

Thanks!

I am now concerned about the big screen being too loud. We chose a cabin on lido and now worried if the noise will carry to the cabins on that deck. If anyone has had a cabin on lido since the screen was put in please let us know if you had any problems with sound.

Thanks!

Agreed! AND I hope the sound doesn't drift down to the balconies!! We have an aft view balcony on the Empress deck in June. I don't want to hear CNN or bad music videos while out there. I want to hear the ocean!

Just back yesterday. We kept our Capers, but they went home with another family member. I'll see if I can get copies to post.

I plan to post a review. I know people are all excited about the "post drydock" improvements, but unfortunately the ship felt tired and grubby in many places. I'm not even vaugely picky, but we noticed a lot of stains, wear, etc. And a lot of features weren't working (the bow cam, the bridge channel, etc.).

And this is off-topic since no one asked, but I hate the big screen. We were out on deck for early morning walking, sunrise, etc., and the big screen would be blaring (at 6:00 am) with CNN news. Personally, I like to escape during my vacation; if I want news, I can watch in my cabin. Being a captive audience to constant inundation about the economy etc. was not what I was looking for during my morning constitutional.

I hope Carnival gets the message about this! I never watch the news while on a cruise, I go on a cruise to get away from it all.

Please send me a copy of the capers if you get time: kaki5591@hotmail.com Thank you:)

Agreed! AND I hope the sound doesn't drift down to the balconies!! We have an aft view balcony on the Empress deck in June. I don't want to hear CNN or bad music videos while out there. I want to hear the ocean!

Eek! We have an aft balcony on the Empress deck in March. I also don't want to hear CNN or bad music videos- or good music videos for that matter! I chose this cabin because of the wake and water. Does anyone know for sure? And what would I be able to do at this point??? Nothing!

Ok, this isn't the only ship CCL has outfitted with the big screen. I wonder how others have fared with dealing with the sound (noise?) from the Lido deck? Do they all broadcast CNN in the morning? If so, I imagine there are more cruisers out there that are unhappy with the current state of affairs.

I know that Disney has the Big Screen, but where did they get the idea that Carnival Cruisers would enjoy this. Was a poll taken? A survey? I want to hear the Ocean, the Waves, and have peace from worldly problems. I wonder if it was more about the cost cut than pleasing customers. When we take our cruises, lets remember to put this on our comment cards. I heard that they really read those.

were the soda cards/drink cards worth it? is it unlimited soda or do they punch holes in the card? (they did this on Holland America)

Unlimited sodas and the price depends on the number of days on the cruise. I don't know exactly but it wasn't cheap- you had to drink a lot of soda to make it worth while, but I guess some people drink it all day. I am debating for my boys- I don't like the idea of them walking around with a glass of soda non-stop!

For those on upcoming cruises who are having a Cruise Critic Meet & Greet with the CD, be sure to mention to him what people think about the news on the big screen. We will be having a M & G on our March 22 Conquest cruise, and we will definitely talk to the CD about it at that time. I agree that we don't go on a cruise to watch the news all day! Or any TV, for that matter. :rolleyes:

As for those who are complaining about the lack of new carpet, etc., I don't mean to be rude, but just how much can they do in only a few days? That is a HUGE ship, and I would expect it to take much longer than a week to fully re-carpet it. Actually, I would rather have older carpet than brand new on my cruise. I can't stand the smell of new carpet! Plus, it gives me a headache. :p I'm just glad to hear that they did put the ship-wide WiFi in. WOOHOO!!! I am LOVING that improvement! :D

We were on Conquest Empress deck 7405 last week. We had no problem with noise. We all enjoyed our deck. Every thing else was just as has already been written except our dining experience was not good. We had ask for early but was assigned late so went right away to have it changed. We were told there was only one left. As it turned out it is no wonder it was the last (if it really was) I think the # was 319. It was in a hallway over the engines and very noisy and we felt cut off from everyone. As a matter of fact we did not eat there but 4 times. We chose pizza, burgers, ect. I hope I never get that area again!!!! We did not let it spoil our cruise. Room service was always on time .

Archived