Recent Conquest Capers??

teencruiser09

We just came home today from the Conquest cruise to the Bahama's. We were on the Empress deck in and aft balcony. Cabin 7451. I never heard the big screen at all on my balcony. My sister was on the Verandah deck above us and never heard noise from the big screen either. But, it was very loud in the morning's!!!

We just came home today from the Conquest cruise to the Bahama's. We were on the Empress deck in and aft balcony. Cabin 7451. I never heard the big screen at all on my balcony. My sister was on the Verandah deck above us and never heard noise from the big screen either. But, it was very loud in the morning's!!!

I'm so glad to know that. We will have cabin #7453 in June. I was a little worried about hearing that on the balcony the way everyone was talking about how loud it is. What did you think of your cabin? I have a few questions:

Was there a couch (I think I heard those don't have)

Did you feel alot of movement back there?

Did you hear or feel vibration? (I read once about vibration & engine noise)

Anything else we should be aware of particular to aft-view cabins?

Thanks

If anyone has saved their capers from this past week's bahamas sailing can you please post or email them if possible? They will be greatly appreciated!! :)

Someone did post them already. Look back to page one...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=933677

Thank you thank you thank you- that relieves my anxiety greatly! We cruise next month in an aft Empress and I was worried. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Thanks for posting the capers. Greatness!!

Can someone please tell me how much the WiFi costs? We are thinking about bringing our laptop with us on the March 29 Cruise.

We also have a slow Roll Call so if anyone else is on this cruise please post under the Roll Call.

F

As for those who are complaining about the lack of new carpet, etc., I don't mean to be rude, but just how much can they do in only a few days? That is a HUGE ship, and I would expect it to take much longer than a week to fully re-carpet it. :D

She was in dry dock for two weeks, which from what I can tell is standard. And yes, I realize part of the time she was sailing back and forth. In that amount of time a huge amount can get done when you figure in the number of hands on board. Given that they would have been tearing up carpeting about 5 minutes after you left the cabin, I'm sure it could be done. Carnival runs a pretty tight ship and they don't take a ship out of commission for a minute longer than they need to. I personally suspect that if they chose not to recarpet it was due to the financial uncertainty of the world at this moment in time.

We had cabin 7451 aft cabin in empress. The balconies were larger than those on the sides of the ship. We did have a couch, small table, just like the other cabins. The cabins were the same as the outside window cabins, I think. We had plenty of storage. The only time I felt anything was the night we went through a little rough water. But, I think it was felt by those not on the end of the ship. I LOVE the aft balconies looking out the end of the ship. You get to see it all, plus they are larger. We were on the verandah deck in an aft balcony last year. We did hear the scooting of tables from the Lido deck some, but it was not that bad. I will always try to get the balconies on the end of the ship! They seem to be the first to go!

We had cabin 7451 aft cabin in empress. The balconies were larger than those on the sides of the ship. We did have a couch, small table, just like the other cabins. The cabins were the same as the outside window cabins, I think. We had plenty of storage. The only time I felt anything was the night we went through a little rough water. But, I think it was felt by those not on the end of the ship. I LOVE the aft balconies looking out the end of the ship. You get to see it all, plus they are larger. We were on the verandah deck in an aft balcony last year. We did hear the scooting of tables from the Lido deck some, but it was not that bad. I will always try to get the balconies on the end of the ship! They seem to be the first to go!

Oh, thank you! That relieves any small anxieties that I've had off and on about booking aft. I'm really looking forward to our June cruise.

About the carpet on the conquest. It looked like we had new carpet! It was very clean and soft. So, maybe they just did a few decks and will do more later. One of the bartenders told me they did replace carpet and I feel like ours was new. We were on the ship last year and the carpet in our cabin looked new! We were in cabin 7451 aft on Empress.

I was on the Conquest Feb 8 - Feb 15th and they were still redoing carpet. On the 10 deck near the forward elevators there were a couple rolls of new carpet that were waiting to be installed. Also the only time they played CNN on the big tv was when there was a plane crash and there were some bad tornadoes in Oklahoma. Other than that they had movies or music videos on the tv all the time. They are still in the process of working on the ship. One day we were in port I think it was Cayman Island they were out painting on the lido deck. I saved all of my capers but I can only take pictures of them I don't have a scanner. The past guest party on our cruise was on Saturday.

I'm so glad to know that. We will have cabin #7453 in June. I was a little worried about hearing that on the balcony the way everyone was talking about how loud it is. What did you think of your cabin? I have a few questions:

Was there a couch (I think I heard those don't have)

Did you feel alot of movement back there?

Did you hear or feel vibration? (I read once about vibration & engine noise)

Anything else we should be aware of particular to aft-view cabins?

Thanks

This response may be a little late but oh well...I have stayed in the aft cabins on the empress deck on the destiny and did notice the vibrations but either it got better as the cruise progressed or more likely I got use to it because it only bothered me the first night and I simply stopped noticing it after the second night. Hope this helps!!

I was on the Conquest Feb 8 - Feb 15th and they were still redoing carpet. ... Also the only time they played CNN on the big tv was when there was a plane crash and there were some bad tornadoes in Oklahoma. quote]

I don't know what time they start playing music videos, but CNN is definitely on full-time in the early morning. I think the earliest I was out was 5:00am, and it was still on whenever I passed through that part of the lido in the 7:00ish range.

Personally, I don't want any noise polluting the early morning peace and quiet, whether it's CNN or music videos. I strongly suspect that Carnival has some kind of sponsorship deal with CNN. Otherwise, why put the wear and tear on the big screen to blast news programs with no one watching them? I mean, seriously, there are maybe a dozen people wandering around the lido in the pre-dawn/sunrise time, and none of them are stopping to watch the news.

Archived