Emerald cabin R746/749

M2ice

I almost stayed in the same cabin on the Crown (got upgraded out of it), so I did a lot of studying up and I still haven't read anything that would dissuade me from booking one of them again. First, yes, you're right next to the door that leads out to the aft pool -- step outside and up a half-flight of stairs and there you are! Some have complained about the noise of that door slamming shut; others have said they didn't hear it/it didn't bother them. You're probably less likely to hear it if you're in the outboard cabin versus the one right next to the door. There's not really anything above you but open deck to make noise, so I don't think that's a concern.

If you plug any of those cabin numbers into the search feature, you'll get a few threads that talk about those cabins. Also, try A747, etc., because on the other ships (i.e., not the Crown, Emerald, or Ruby), they're similiarly situated by the aft pool but on the Aloha deck not the Riviera deck.

Hope this helps!

One thing that would be a plus in these cabins on the Emerald compared to the Crown, CB, or the Grand classes, is the picture window instead of portholes. Of course, the Ruby has balconies in the cabins at the aft of Riviera, as do the similar cabins on Sapphire and Diamond at the aft of Aloha.

We stayed in A746 on Sapphire and would again in a hearbeat. Loved being able to walk outside our door, and out to the pool, and up to Horizon Court. We did hear the door occasionally, but there really wasn't a lot of foot traffic from our hallway out to the Terrace Pool.

We were in Cabin R749 on the Emerald & yes it a good location to get to the Terrace pool & Horizon buffet. If you're a late sleeper (8 AM) then be prepared to hear the door slam violently (and I mean hard) starting around that time as people begin walking to breakfast. There's not much that you can do to avoid it slamming because it will be ripped from your grip.

Now for the worst part- The height of the cabin on the ship combined with it being as far aft as possible makes for a constant shaking motion anytime the ship is moving. This motion is similar on all three ships - Emerald, Ruby & Crown. I've checked them all & it inherent to the design of the ship. If you can put up with the shaking & door problem then it's a good location. It didn't bother me all that much but my wife will never book anything close to that room again.

We were in Cabin R749 on the Emerald & yes it a good location to get to the Terrace pool & Horizon buffet. If you're a late sleeper (8 AM) then be prepared to hear the door slam violently (and I mean hard) starting around that time as people begin walking to breakfast. There's not much that you can do to avoid it slamming because it will be ripped from your grip.

Now for the worst part- The height of the cabin on the ship combined with it being as far aft as possible makes for a constant shaking motion anytime the ship is moving. This motion is similar on all three ships - Emerald, Ruby & Crown. I've checked them all & it inherent to the design of the ship. If you can put up with the shaking & door problem then it's a good location. It didn't bother me all that much but my wife will never book anything close to that room again.

We were in R751 on the Emerald. Amen to the vibration! No more aft on those ships for us. Luckily, we heard no noise from the famed slamming door. Just strange clanking from below as if someone were working on the engine. I have no idea what it really was.

Archived