After Dark and Kids

lynchie

Question time for my first crusie.

Can children (4yrs old) attend the shows or other entertainment after dark?

When do we find out what the theme nights are? (before we go ? how?)

When do we find out what entertainment is on board?

Is the captains formal night worth attending and taking a suit for?

We are going in Late may Tropical QLD. Will it be warm enough to swim, does it get cold usually of a night?

Sorry for all the questions

Thoughts appreciated

Lynchie:D

Thoughts appreciated

thanks

We are going in Late may Tropical QLD. Will it be warm enough to swim, does it get cold usually of a night?

Thoughts appreciated

The only question I can answer for you is you can ring P & O a week before cruising to see what the theme nights will be. Also the entertainment will be in the Pacific Daily.

Liz

Thoughts appreciated

The only question I can answer for you is you can ring P & O a week before cruising to see what the theme nights will be. Also the entertainment will be in the Pacific Daily.

Liz

Hi Lynchie,

I believe that children can attend shows unless they are R rated which is unusual.

Island night and Country & Western night are the standard ones and happen on every cruise.

Other entertainment - production shows, singers (change regularly), deck games, quizzes, karaoke, passenger talent night.

There will be two formal nights when most people dress up, but what you wear is up to you. At no time are shorts, thongs and singlet tops for men allowed in the dining room for dinner. On formal nights (whether you go to the cocktail party or not) most men wear either a suit, jacket & tie, or a smart shirt/long trousers. The women wear either a cocktail dress, evening dress or smart slacks/skirt with a fancy top. Up to you.

Will it be warm enough to swim? I see that you live in Sydney so it will probably be warm enough. It is airconditioned on the ship and all year round it can be a bit cool in the main lounge (Atlantis Theatre). I don't bother taking a wrap, but some people do. I find the cabins are coolish and I wear nightwear with a sleeve, although the aircon in the cabin can be adjusted.

Hope this helps. :):)

Evon.

Most definitely :) We travelled with a 4 year old and 8 year old and they attended & participated in many after dark activities. They could attend The Dome until 11pm most nights although some nights it was earlier but the Pacific Daily will tell you the restrictions each day. Bengal Bar until 8.30pm. The shows in the Show Lounge were well attended by children of all ages.

Having said all that - you may need to fight your child to take them out of Kids Club. My daughter (4yo) never wanted to leave Turtle Cove and often asked to stay late. We would take the children to children's dinner in Cafe Del Sol between 4.30pm & 5.15pm and then they would race down the lift and through the corridors to get back to kids club. We would book them in for babysitting and pick them up before midnight. My daughter would be asleep on her little bed in Turtle Cove... we would pick her up, take her to our room, put her in to bed and she would then wake in the morning and want to race through the corridors again to get to Turtle Cove. they really do look after them well in there and there is so much fun to be had!!!

Any night that is not formal night they generally have a theme. The most attended ones i.e. the ones people dress up totally for are Island Night and Country & Western. Other than that we had 70's, Rock & Roll, Pirate Night.

In your Pacific Daily which is issued each and every day - usually outside your door by 11pm most nights for the next day. On the first or second night they will do a Show which will give you a sneak peak of the entertainers to come, etc.

Also each day you will get the Children's programme issued to you as well. Lots of activities which encourage parental involvement. Your child will generally have a talent show, a Coketail party, Pizza party, ice cream party, portraits taken in the cove, etc...

Are you talking about the Captain's Cocktail party for past passengers? If so, we attended for an hour -drank many, many yummy mocktails and many men did not wear full suits - most had dress pants, dress shirts and ties on but not jackets.... same goes for most formal nights.

Not sure as we have only cruised in Feb & March with balmy weather :)

Its great to see alot more people are asking about where when we can take children, as we allways cruise with both or at least one of our children and we find it great that there isnt much you take cant your children to, as the adult theams are very advertised thats on P&O any way.

Archived