Can an almost teen go into teen room?

Tisha49

Our boyss are 15.5 and 12.5 and this will be our first cruise. We want them to have some limited free time on their own. They are good kids and do stay together. Will my younger son be allowed to go the teen room with his older brother?

This will be on Liberty of the Seas.

Thanks

Tisha

Your boys will fall into 2 different age groups as far as activities are concerned (12-14 and 15-17). However RCCL tend to call these 2 groups 'teens' so they shouldn't have a problem hanging around together. There will be activities arranged specifically for each group which they can't attend, however just spending time together in the teen club shouldn't be a problem.

Also, depending on when you are sailing, if there are not many teens onboard they often combine the two clubs.

Thanks so much. Basically I just want them to be able to be together in the teen room, really the younger one staying with his brother to hang out. Doing specifically designated age items are fine, they probably will want to even do that sometimes, too. Sounds fantastic.

Hi I was under the impression that you had to be 14 in order to enter the teen room. I have a 13 and 14 yr old and was worried they would not be able to do any of the organized activities together. Are you sure they can enter the teen room if they are under 14? I hope so, I am keeping my fingers crossed, This would make my life so much easier.

This is what it says on the RCCL 12-14 Age Group page:

"The best thing about our Teen program is that it's not structured. Our 12- to 14-year-old guests can come join activities and games when they want to, or just chill with friends in our teen-only lounge. And parents don't have to worry about you hanging out there, because every member of our teen staff holds a college degree in education, recreation or a related field and has experience working"

Here's the page link http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/home.do;jsessionid=0000C9B_tOC2mwKrCM8z7mfH4h3:12hbioe0u?#/?detail=613&wl=0

Archived