I think I got a great upgrade!!!

cruzinismyname

We are leaving Saturday on the Liberty prepared to go in our usual interior category. We paid $489 pp for a 4C and just got a call from Carnival to go from a 4C to a 8D for a $100 more pp!!! Sounds to me like a no brainer so I said lets go for it. My DW and I have always gone interior so this will be a first time balcony trip for us!!! For you balcony experts, are there any last minute tips or dos or donts regarding balconies. I never read up on those threads because weve never been and with the trip being just days away I could use your help quickly. Cant wait!!!! woo hoo!

Congrats on what sounds like a great deal. I haven't read all the other posts on the thread. We've especially enjoyed coffee and pastries early in the morning, taking a few minutes to relax and plan (to some extent) the rest of the day, and just enjoy the views whether it's just the water or coming into a port.

take a 3 ft bungy cord to keep your door propped open. Really comes in handy...

definitely enjoy breakfast and a mid-day/night cap on your balcony as often as possible.:D

You can also use the rubber door stop, that's in each room, so you don't have 1 more thing to pack! BTW, FANTASTIC deal, Congrats.

It does sound like a good deal. Not one that would ever be offerred to us though as we are a family of 6 and would require connecting balconies, as we don't put the kids across the hall or in adjoining cabins.

Also, we couldn't take the upgrade as we don't smoke and have heard from lots of folks, and experienced it on Disney, that there would be numerous smokers in the other balconies.

Great deal, I had a deal like that on a balcony in 2002. They made their money back on me in the years following. Once you have a balcony you won't be able to go back. I took the bait & they have had me hooked ever since. Never gotten that good a deal either.

ditto for us! Jean and Mike in MO

Try opening both doors and flush the toilet with the lid up all at the same time!!!

Things dont know where to fly!

;) :p ;) :p

OK, I laughed for like 20 minutes with this one!!! Not sure why it struck me so funny but man, this is hysterical!! If you've ever experienced the "whoosh" you know exactly what it means. I cannot imagine adding the toilet to the mix!!!!! :D

OK, I laughed for like 20 minutes with this one!!! Not sure why it struck me so funny but man, this is hysterical!! If you've ever experienced the "whoosh" you know exactly what it means. I cannot imagine adding the toilet to the mix!!!!! :D

....and I'm making sure I dont find out!!!:eek:

I was on the balcony waiting for my BF to get out of the bathroom so we could get going to dinner. There aren't any fans in cabin bathrooms. I came into the room and, holy mother of Jesus! :eek:I was so embarrassed because I knew our steward would soon be coming into the room to turn the sheets down and leave us our mints and towel monkey. I peeked into the hallway and there was nobody there so I told my BF to open the balcony door but he was worried that people would know which room the stinkiness was associated with. I told him not to worry about it and open the door. The wind came through the cabin like a hurricane! I'm sure that if there was any smell left after that it would be to the other end of the ship by then. The only thing was that we had to pick up the cabin before we left because it blew anything that wasn't tied down all over the place. I'm taking air freshener on our next trip:o

[quote name='Crusin6']It does sound like a good deal. Not one that would ever be offerred to us though as we are a family of 6 and would require connecting balconies, as we don't put the kids across the hall or in adjoining cabins.[/QUOTE]

If you don't have a cabin across the hall or an adjoining, how in the heck do you all fit in one cabin? We are fairly new to cruising, and there are 6 in our family. I've never figured any other way than to have either an inside across the hall or a cabin right next door. :confused:

Archived