I think I got a great upgrade!!!

cruzinismyname

We are leaving Saturday on the Liberty prepared to go in our usual interior category. We paid $489 pp for a 4C and just got a call from Carnival to go from a 4C to a 8D for a $100 more pp!!! Sounds to me like a no brainer so I said lets go for it. My DW and I have always gone interior so this will be a first time balcony trip for us!!! For you balcony experts, are there any last minute tips or dos or donts regarding balconies. I never read up on those threads because weve never been and with the trip being just days away I could use your help quickly. Cant wait!!!! woo hoo!

Great deal, I had a deal like that on a balcony in 2002. They made their money back on me in the years following. Once you have a balcony you won't be able to go back. I took the bait & they have had me hooked ever since. Never gotten that good a deal either.

You will enjoy having a balcony. We had our first balcony on our cruise to Alaska and we loved it. You can enjoy alot of things from the comfort of your own balcony and not trying to find a spot on the deck for departures and arrivals, even though we do sometimes go on deck for these things. For us, there was no going back! Our 3rd balcony cruise is coming up in 2 weeks and we are so ready, since our cruises last year were cancelled due to hurricanes. Have fun and enjoy your balcony:p

Take some binoculars, it's fun to watch for land and fish while your sitting out there relaxing.

Order breakfast from room service, nothing better than sitting on your balcony with coffee and crossant

Congratulations and have a wonderful time!!!

Carole

They know what they're doing. You'll be reserving balconies from now on.

Do's:

Have breakfast brought in by room service or go retrieve it from the buffet and have it with your morning coffee out there.

Have a beverage of your choice out there before (and after) dinner.

Watch for flying fish

Chill out with a book or just watch the ocean go by. Escape from the activity once in awhile.

Don'ts:

Don't do anything you don't want your neighbors or the security cameras to know about.

Don't leave your balcony light on at night after you come in for the evening. It annoys your neighbors who are violating Don't #1.

Don't have your cabin door and your balcony door open at the same time. You could test aircraft designs with that airflow!

If you don't want to bring a bungee cord, my roomie and I have always just thrown one of the balcony chairs into the middle of the doorway, it props the door open very nicely. Some people have found this too hot, but I'm ALWAYS hot (one of those "I can stand in a snowstorm in a t-shirt and not be that cold" types of people), but I've never had that problem. If you're out on the balcony, then there's no need for the door to be open, so we really only block it open at night. :)

Trust me, and all the others that will agree---there is NOTHING better than sleeping with the roar of the waves rolling in through the balcony door.

Trust me, and all the others that will agree---there is NOTHING better than sleeping with the roar of the waves rolling in through the balcony door.

:D I agree Completely!!!

I have been known to sleep on the balcony! There is a pic of me bundled up in blankets on the balcony sacked out in Alaska, its actually one of my favorites :)

Archived