RCI Portofino's Mushroom Truffle Spread

cruisinsince99

I have searched and searched to no avail. Does anyone out here have access to the recipe for the mushroom truffle spread they put out the the assortment of breads at Portofino's?

It comes in the little white tri-split server with the pico de gallo and the articoke/olive mix.

Thanks in advance for your support of this food addiction! :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

OK, I hadn't posted since I haven't gotten all the info but I emailed a crew member. The response was "no idea what exactly is in it but I can get you the website from where they buy it"...

I'm still waiting for the follow up email and will let you know. Frankly, I could care less IF it is indeed purchased because it's darn good.

LOL

If I can have it in my hot little hands to spread on the artisan bread I am holding I don't care if it is store bought or home made... as long as it is was it was on the ship! ;)

Will be waiting with bated breath... bread in the ready! :D

Thank you in advance for this!

YIPPY

• 1 month later...

I was actually really disappointed to not have this as a choice when I dined in Portofino's back in early March. I wonder what happened to it? My choices were: onion and oil, tapanade, diced tomatoes and herbs, and balsamic vinegar and olive oil. The only thing that was any good was the roasted garlic with olive oil. I have made it at home many many times to spread over warm bread. The garlic just melts over the warm bread.

• 2 weeks later...
I was actually really disappointed to not have this as a choice when I dined in Portofino's back in early March. I wonder what happened to it? My choices were: onion and oil, tapanade, diced tomatoes and herbs, and balsamic vinegar and olive oil. The only thing that was any good was the roasted garlic with olive oil. I have made it at home many many times to spread over warm bread. The garlic just melts over the warm bread.

I thought the olive tapanade was DELICIOUS! I wish mine was as good.

Does anyone have the recipe for this?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I have searched and searched to no avail. Does anyone out here have access to the recipe for the mushroom truffle spread they put out the the assortment of breads at Portofino's?

It comes in the little white tri-split server with the pico de gallo and the articoke/olive mix.

Thanks in advance for your support of this food addiction! :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Does it sound like one of these recipes: http://whatscookingamerica.net/mushroomRecipes.htm

Joanie

I think that might be it w/a little white truffle oil or shredded truffle.

I have bought truffle pieces at Igourmet.com and truffl oil several places. When we were in Italy we bought several jars of truffle spread made w/ porchini mushrooms and truffle oil and juice.

• 3 months later...

Archived