Question about dancing....

CRUISIN' TOGETHER

On NCL Jewel in Dec. 2007, we went to the disco and took my 11 yr old twin nephews and 10 yr old niece to dance. We didn't think anything of it...and no one told us they couldn't be there. Of course, we didn't stay late..probably to 10:00 or 10:30. We all had a blast!!!

Is this going to be different on Carnival Fascination?

Can the kiddies go dance with Papa and Grandma for a little while?!?!? It would probably be for a VERY LITTLE while, as our grandgirls are 2 1/2 and 16 months. Our 2 1/2 yr old LOVED her first father-daughter dance this month. She had great fun dancing with her Papa!! We thought if the music is not way too loud, this would be fun for them....and us!!!

What's your thoughts on this?

My twin toddlers and I go dancing every night after dinner, but to one of the lounges where music is being played, which I've found more appropriate for kids. (And if the dance floor is busy, we dance to the side so as not to infringe on those trying to have an adult evening). I think you'll find lots of places for dancing during your cruise without going to the disco. I think the norm on ships is that the disco is reserved for adults during it's open hours, and those adults would reasonably expect the it to be a toddler-free area.

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia

The regular disco is generally reserved for adults only. You can take them to one of the other music venues for a while, but if the dance floor is crowed with adults dancing, be careful so the little ones don't run into the dancing adults. On our last Constellation cruise, one family allowed their kids on the dance floor and they ran into an older couple who were ballroom dancing and the woman fell. Not a pleasant experience for anyone.

we took our DD dancing right on the open lido deck dance area with the other passengers during the day and the disco during the day/early evening. We never went to the disco at night but then again she never made it that long, she was always asleep by then after having a full day.

we took our DD dancing right on the open lido deck dance area with the other passengers during the day and the disco during the day/early evening. We never went to the disco at night but then again she never made it that long, she was always asleep by then after having a full day.

This is a good idea too..thanks! And you are right...they may both be worn out early after long days. Heck....Papa and Grandma probably will be too!!!

Archived