9A for 4?

mitchpam

Is there such a cabin? DH and I, along with 2 DD would love one of these extended or wrap around balconies on the Dream, but it seems as though there are none designed for 4 people. I looked into the suites also, and even though they can have 4 people, our two daughters will have to share a fold out sofa. What we want is 1) A balcony with either a larger sq ft room or balcony 2) A bed configuration for our girls to have thier own beds. I have had no luck in my searches. Anyone know if there is a cabin category like we are looking for?

I had asked this question once before and gotten only a few remarks... one of which was the seperate cabins...so I guess there really is no such thing as what I am looking for... I had hoped there would be someone out there with some secret key to unlock my wishes... oh well... it is fun searching and hoping.

I'm afraid that your going to have trouble finding your dream on the Dream... The only 4 person cabins are the quads (4A's) with 4 single beds in a bunk fashion or your are going to have to deal with the fold out, that is after they push the 2 single beds together to make a king or queen out of it....

The cabin space is just too limited to bring a roll away in anywhere but a Cat 11 or 12 and it would clutter up the room so bad that you might wish that you would have just gotten the connecting balconies....

If your kids are old enough to stay by themselves you could look into an inside across from a balcony... Just book it by putting yourself in one room and your other half in the other room if they are younger than 25.... That would satisfy Carnivals policy about no rooms booked without an adult....

Thanks tnsail... our girls will be 18 and 15 when we want to sail. I looked into connecting staterooms, but it would be $1000 more for that. DH gets clautrophobic... the balcony helped greatly with that, so I really wanted to try the aft wraps or extended ones...but I was hoping for the girls to each have their own beds too... but for a week they may have to suck it up and sleep together! We will see. It is still in the "we hope" category anyway... got to wait out the market/job uncertainty.

A bed configuration for our girls to have their own beds

I haven't actually seen the balcony cabins with the sofa bed pulled out so this arrangement might not be possible, but it's a thought....you and your mate share the pull-out :p, your girls then have the "normal" beds, separated as twin beds? :cool:

Thanks Freckles... I hadn't thought of that...but then DH and I would miss out on that amazing bedding and cushy covers and such...Gosh darn it I want it all don't I?

I do wonder why they don't make those cabins (or even some of the suites) with this configuration...

..but then DH and I would miss out on that amazing bedding and cushy covers and such....

Some cc'ers claim that the sofas are just as comfy :) , and they have the same bedding as the regular beds :D . I hope that is the case as I will be sleeping on a sofa bed in May when 3 of us will be sharing a (standard) balcony cabin. :D

Thanks AnyTime Cruiser... I looked intot he Legend, but this is DD graduation cruise and she asked about the new ship... so if we can swing a cruise financially we will go for the one she asked about.

Freckles, let us know how the pull out compares after you May cruise... we had a pull out sofa on our Celebrity cruise and it was not so very nice... at least that is what our niece said...

looks as though our girls might get to find out for themselves... here's hoping.

Archived