How is FASCINATION after being on GLORY??

amio111

I have been on both the Fascination and the Glory. I will say that the Glory was certainly larger and appeared to be cleaner than the Fascination. However, we had a great time on both ships. The irony is that we had the same waiter both times. I could not believe it when we saw him. :-)

I sailed Fascination in December after sailing Glory last May.

Personally, I love the Fantasy-class ships. They feel like "home" to me, after having sailed them 4 times.

It just all depends on what you like.

I liked Glory more than I was expecting to. Still, she's too large for my personal tastes and there are just too many people.

I did think she was nicely decorated and I loved the Fish & Chips. Other than that, I'll take a smaller ship, thanks.

I thought Fascination was lovely. The price was unbeatable. After a price drop, a Welcome Back discount, and a s/h OBC, I sailed for about $50 pp/per day. And we went to Half Moon Cay, which is my favorite port in the world (so far).

I thought the food was better than on either Glory or Miracle.

If you're into the ship experience, then not having a newer ship with more bells and whistles may not appeal to you. That's not why I sail. I'm perfectly happy in an inside cabin on an older ship that gets me where I want to go.

There are several recent reviews (with photos). Do some reading, but bear in mind that we all board with different expectations and have different tastes in what we want from a cruise ship.

Wondering what kind of shape Fascination is in, since will be in dry dock Jan,2010. How is it being on a smaller ship after being on a big ship like Glory? Will we be disappointed?

Too funny :D I am going from Fascination (Dec 08) to Glory (Apr 09)

I was on the Conquest before Fascination and I really did enjoy Fascination. Go hang out all the way aft outside the buffet. I can't tell you how many times we went out there and hardly anyone was out there. It's a small area with tables and chairs but not many people hung out there, it was nice! The grill and bar were just inside the door too!

The pool area is WAYsmaller than Conquest, but we don't hang out at pool so didn't matter. Just kind of amazing the difference in size though.

Have a great time and I can't wait to get back on the big ship Glory.

Oh and debarking was a breeze compared to Conquest, quick and easy!

I went from the Valor in November (sister ship to Glory) to the Fascination in December. I really liked the Fascination and am sailing on her again in June. It is a nice ship and you will see a lot of the same things. I actually liked the Lido deck and atrium better on the Fascination. The only difference that stood out to me was the theatre. On the Fascination it is two stories instead of three and can make seating more "obstructed". Also the Piano Bar is on a different level then the other clubs and seemed quite dead on the Fascination. Other then that I wouldn't worry about it. You will have a great time I am sure.

I'll let you know in about 3 weeks when we get back from the Fascination:D...though my comparison will be to the Valor (sister of the Glory) and the Legend from the last two years.

Though, to be honest, it may not be a fair comparison as we will be in a Cat 12 on the Fascination and have only done balconies on the others...and I'm a huge fan of the balcony.

I'll let you know in about 3 weeks when we get back from the Fascination:D...though my comparison will be to the Valor (sister of the Glory) and the Legend from the last two years.

Though, to be honest, it may not be a fair comparison as we will be in a Cat 12 on the Fascination and have only done balconies on the others...and I'm a huge fan of the balcony.

Oh yea, not fair at all :p I went from Conquest, aft (big) balcony to inside cabin on Fascination and me no likey!

I upgraded from OV to a balcony, for $50/pp on Glory (they gave me aft, again!) and I am so happy.

I NOW know, no more inside cabins for me. :eek:

I want to be in the balcony club!

Archived