Solstice category 2C question

cruisekid22

Obstructed is a very harsh word, sent me in a panic also but here's what I can tell. The 2C are the cabins on the 6th and 7th floor that are in the indents on the ships. There are life boats and tenders on the floor below, the 5th floor. If you look out straight from your room, you will see the same view anyone else with an ocean view sees. If you go out on your balcony you will see the rigging that holds the life boats up and if you look down, you will see the top of the life boat and not the ocean as it splashes against the hull.

My concern then was is there a lifeboat or a tender there as the tenders are much larger and taller. For that you need to go to celebritycruise.com and verify what is on the 5th floor below your cabin.

This is the difference. The balconies on the right in back of the lifeboats are 2c's. The ones on the left in back of the tenders (partially obstructed) are cat 07's.

celebrity-solstice043.jpg

I was in cabin 6257. We could see the top of the lifeboat - small one - the support holders.

Not a problem.

Some people went crazy and cried and cried till the line gave them a small refund.

Who worries about these small things.

The cruise is not in the room it is out and about the ship.

Well unless and your traveling partner get hot and bothered. But usually the drapes are closed and you can't see out - or in - so what is the problem.

I think there is a sticky on top with cabins and their other information like this.

Great close up picture, thanks. I'm just happy that I got a center ship Veranda room when I booked an oceanview guaranty that I certainly can't complain about the minor obstruction of a 2C. If I booked that room directly at the time I booked my oceanview guaranttee, I would have paid $800 more for the room. I'm pretty sure that if you don't like it, you can upgrade at the pier.

But I do like the idea of crying and crying for a partial refund, hmm, how much will they give me if I drop to the floor and fake a seizure caused by looking at orange lifeboats?

So techinically speaking Deluxe Oceanview 2c is better than Cat 07?

On the Millenium I will have a guaranteed 2c room. What are the chances that I get something better? :D:D:D

You will get a 2C. Please note that the cabin issues on Solstice are not across all the ships. Mille does not have the same issues as Solstice with obstructions. So check you deck plan and try to research more about the Mille cabins on a non-Solstice thread for some specific cabins that are good or not so good in this category that you have selected.

This is the difference. The balconies on the right in back of the lifeboats are 2c's. The ones on the left in back of the tenders (partially obstructed) are cat 07's.

celebrity-solstice043.jpg

And if you choose 6190 (07) you will have an almost completely unobstructed view between the davits of the 1st and 2nd tender as visible above.

I sailed in 6188, just forward of 6190 and didn't mind it a bit.

So techinically speaking Deluxe Oceanview 2c is better than Cat 07?

On the Millenium I will have a guaranteed 2c room. What are the chances that I get something better? :D:D:D

We had a 2-C on Summit and only looked down on the lifeboats. It did not impede our view of the ocean or anything else. I liked the location on Deck 6 as it was close to other activities and decks.

Oh my bad. I know it says Solstice in the thread title but I read Summit. whooops. sorry. good to hear that the Mille class ships do not have that obstruction problem. Will I be able to lean over and see the water lap against the hull? No big deal, but that would be nice.

It is strange that on a more modern ship, the Celebrity Soltice, they would have such a view obstruction problem. I find that a bit concerning...

Archived