Who's the Biggest Loser? BOA $100 Upgrades

jmcdon7230

I'm nominating myself as the "Biggest Loser" for receiving eight BOA $100 Upgrade certificates with my Compass Reward payout. Worthless. They were the excess from four different Mastercards......four thousand dollars worth of free cruising and eight hundred dollars down the drain. Too bad they can't be used for OBC.

I'm nominating myself as the "Biggest Loser" for receiving eight BOA $100 Upgrade certificates with my Compass Reward payout. Worthless. They were the excess from four different Mastercards......four thousand dollars worth of free cruising and eight hundred dollars down the drain. Too bad they can't be used for OBC.

You win so far. We have 5 and are waiting for the next card certs to come, so I may catch up to you!

The upgrade Certificate is not $100, but 100 POINTS!

If you use it, it is for a better stateroom within the same category: inside to inside, OV to OV, balcony to balcony as BC to BB, BB to BA, etc, so see the value for yourself. Be warned, it could be $20.

The upgrade Certificate is not $100, but 100 POINTS!

If you use it, it is for a better stateroom within the same category: inside to inside, OV to OV, balcony to balcony as BC to BB, BB to BA, etc, so see the value for yourself. Be warned, it could be $20.

I am going to ask my PCC again. I think she said that if we only get the 100 certs that we would get a $100 discount off our current cabin since we are already in a BA and can't upgrade, but we can only use one per cabin.

I am going to ask my PCC again. I think she said that if we only get the 100 certs that we would get a $100 discount off our current cabin since we are already in a BA and can't upgrade' date=' but we can only use one per cabin.[/quote']

Well, if she says "Yes" ... get it in writing and notorized and then come back here and let us know ... 'cuz that's not how it works. If it did, we'd ALL be very happy! :D

Yes, I think if that were true, they'd have just sent me a $500 certificate rather than 5 100-point certificates. If only I could be so lucky!

I agree ... they are pretty much worthless to us, too, Adele. Ah well ... I could have spent more money in November/December because I knew the end was coming ... just wasn't a priority then. :o Hmmmm ... maybe we should have remodeled the other bathroom, too! :D

IAh well ... I could have spent more money in November/December because I knew the end was coming ... just wasn't a priority then. :o Hmmmm ... maybe we should have remodeled the other bathroom' date=' too! :D[/font']
Yup, we spent as much as we could, got our three $500 certificates and ran! The extra 5 100-points were a surprise . . . useless, but a surprise nonetheless. :rolleyes:

Well' date=' if she says "Yes" ... get it in writing and notorized and then come back here and let us know ... 'cuz that's not how it works. If it did, we'd ALL be very happy! :D[/font']

Oh well, I just talked to my PCC and it just happened that the day that I spoke with her the certificate would have been worth $100 because the upgrade would have been $100 more, or something like that! Now the lower cabins are about $100 more that the BA! I'm so confused with all this BOA CR......P, I don't know who to believe anymore!

Oh well' date=' I just talked to my PCC and it just happened that the day that I spoke with her the certificate would have been worth $100 because the upgrade would have been $100 more, or something like that! Now the lower cabins are about $100 more that the BA! I'm so confused with all this BOA CR......P, I don't know who to believe anymore![/quote']

Hmmm ... sounds like a good story your PCC is telling you .... :o

All of us with multiple cards were really in fact milking the program. If you got 8 100 point upgrade vouchers the blame is on you for not managing which card you used. I will take the the 4 $500 and smile as I board the Dawn in August and use the 2 100 point certificates for luggage tags.

All of us with multiple cards were really in fact milking the program. If you got 8 100 point upgrade vouchers the blame is on you for not managing which card you used. I will take the the 4 $500 and smile as I board the Dawn in August and use the 2 100 point certificates for luggage tags.

Awesome idea!!! Especially since that is all they are good for.

I think we may be the biggest "winner". We watched our three BOA cc closely and stopped using them in mid December. As soon as they closed, I requested our $500 vouchers and received them (and applied them) to our upcoming March cruise. I wanted to make sure I didn't get a credit back on a card (for returning something etc.) which would drop me below 500 on each so I charged a little more. So, now we received 3 100 point vouchers. Two of them were for point balances of "1" and one was for a point balance of "6". We will be one of the few people who will actually use our 300 points to get a two-category upgrade for one of us and a one- category upgrade for the other. Therefore, even though it is 300 points, our 8 extra points will save us about $70 : ) on the next cruise we book. We are only booking one more with NCL to use our future rewards certificate, these three certificates, and because we LOVE CAS!!

Archived