Category BG?

simkoreb

I am thinking of booking a cruise on the crown, and the cheapest balcony is category BG on the baja. Is this balcony ok? It is a lot cheaper than the other balconies and I am curious why.

I just booked a guarantee and it is a BG cabin as well. Seems that the cabin is forward & that there is only a few in this catagory. We booked last minute (2/13) and will just take what we can get on the ship. don't have a cabin # and most likely will have anytime dining. Not rfeally an answer, just what I know from my booking.

Jan

We booked the BG guarantee and were assigned a BB on the Riviera deck the next day. Pleased with this assignment and we saved a few $$$$. If you want a specific cabin - don't book a guarantee. We had anytime dining on the CB and really enjoyed the freedom. We actually requested it for this next cruise on the Ruby. For our Alaska cruise - we wanted an aft cabin - side by side with others in our group - so we had to book at a much higher rate than had we taken a guarantee. It all depends on what you want/need and who you will be traveling with.

:-)

They often offer GTY bookings with the lowest class cabin in the category -- and most get upgrades. Of course, a few will actually get the BG cabins. Never book a cabin counting on an upgrade, book one that you could stand to sail in if the upgrade did not come through.

Archived