Does NCL honor price drops?

taytot101

I noticed that our balcony cabins for March 30th have dropped over $100 each. I know that RCCL honors price drops, we saved over $600 a room in November. Just wondering what others have experienced regarding ncl. Thanks!

Prices drop many times after final payment to fill empty cabins. And,

almost all cruise lines are stopping the policy of refunding money or giving OBC for price drops after final payment, even if they used to do it. Frankly, I never understood it in the first place. All they did was lose money.

As far as NCL, no you will not get anything back on what you have already paid. What you may be able to do is call them and see what the higher level cabins are going for and you may be able to upgrade for nothing, or cheaper then what it would have cost originally.

CG

I was told by our PVP at NCL that they would honor any price drops before final payment and would also match any prices advertised on TA websites also. He told me that they would give this in the form of OBC. I have been checking prices every few days.

I was told by our PVP at NCL that they would honor any price drops before final payment and would also match any prices advertised on TA websites also. He told me that they would give this in the form of OBC. I have been checking prices every few days.

You had better get that in writing. I do not believe for a minute that NCL will price match a TA. In fact, NCL is kind of known in the industry for NOT matching any TA's price.

Just had a price drop on my Alaska cruise. I called NCL and got the new price. Only one little problem, if you get the new price, you also get the new OBC etc, in this case mine dropped by $75.00. Still saved around $170.00 on my BB cabin so I came out a little ahead. In any case, it was worth a phone call.

Prices drop many times after final payment to fill empty cabins. And,

almost all cruise lines are stopping the policy of refunding money or giving OBC for price drops after final payment, even if they used to do it. Frankly, I never understood it in the first place. All they did was lose money.

As far as NCL, no you will not get anything back on what you have already paid. What you may be able to do is call them and see what the higher level cabins are going for and you may be able to upgrade for nothing, or cheaper then what it would have cost originally.

CG

BS .......Carnival will always honor a price drop!!!!!!!!!!!

BS .......Carnival will always honor a price drop!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, you certainly seem angry. Sorry if my posting upset you.

I know that you said you are done with NCL after your already booked sailing on a previous post. I don't know, nor do I really care why, but do you have to be so antagonistic? If you hate NCL that much, fine, that is your right, but there's really no need to be so nasty with anyone who does happen to like them.

Now, as per your comment. Here's what I found on the Carnival boards about Carnival dropping prices after final payment: Here is the link to the thread in case you want to verify what I'm quoting:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=908174&highlight=price+drop

Posted by Firehunny; January 16, 2009:

"Hello all! We are booked on Carnival Liberty for March 28th. Our final payment was due and paid on Jan. 12. Then this evening I checked their prices to see if anything had dropped and indeed our cabin price dropped by $30pp. Not a huge savings but $60 non the less. So I call Carnival only to be told that they no longer honor price drops after the final payment date... effective Dec. 1, 2008. "

Seems what I posted wasn't BS afterall now was it? Perhaps you should verify your facts first before jumping all over people in the future.

CG

We got a credit back on our credit card in September when the price for our January Caribbean trip went down. I noticed it first on the Orbitz site and was actually gonna cancel with NCL when the gal told me their price went down as well and she could beat Orbitz by a few dollars. We had her adjust the price and they issued a credit back on our credit card.

Like someone else mentioned though, if there are promotions tied to your previous deal, you MAY lose them. Quite often they'll still apply though.

I was told that before final payment you can get credit for the price drop, but after final payment you can not. They will upgrade you to a better cabin if the price drop matches the amount of the next category. It just happend to us this week on our May 3 cruise final payment was posted. Then 2 days later the price per cabin dropped $60.00 so they gave us the next category for that amount.

Our price dropped several times (I booked directly with NCL) and I just called and they adjusted the price down each time. After the final payment was made, I quit checking the price and was happy with the deal I had gotten. Remember, it is a commodity and prices fluctuate, just like the price of a car or any other commodity.

Our price dropped several times (I booked directly with NCL) and I just called and they adjusted the price down each time. After the final payment was made, I quit checking the price and was happy with the deal I had gotten. Remember, it is a commodity and prices fluctuate, just like the price of a car or any other commodity.

That is some of the best advise to me you can give people is to stop looking at prices after final payment. Yes, you might get an upgrade if the prices dropped that much, but most of the time, just from what I have seen posted on CC, it just leads to heartbreak when you see how much lower the prices can go. It's just the way it is.

That is some of the best advise to me you can give people is to stop looking at prices after final payment. Yes, you might get an upgrade if the prices dropped that much, but most of the time, just from what I have seen posted on CC, it just leads to heartbreak when you see how much lower the prices can go. It's just the way it is.

Terry, very good advise. I agree. Once you made your final payment, leave well enough alone or you may just give youself a lot of grief. Once time a few years back I booked a round trip flight from Istanbul to Dallas for $570.00. A few weeks later my friend decided to go along and booked the same flight, seat next to mine. His price was $980.00 round trip. I guess timing is everything.

BTW Terry, I see you cruised Star to Alaska in 2008. Did you write a review?

Thanks.

My NCL Personal Cruise Consultant called me 2 or 3 times to inform me of price drops on my upcoming cruise. The third time was a savings of over $1000.00! Of course this was before final payment. I don't look after final payment! It was nice that she kept checking for us throughout the booking...

Okay...the power of suggestion!!! After all the talk about NOT checking the updated prices after final payment...guess what...I did!!:eek:

Of course, price has dropped for our balcony cabin about $340.00, and now a mini suite is the same price as we paid for the balcony.

I guess I could call and try to get upgraded to a mini, but then we wouldn't be across the hall from our other cabin (inside...none available for deck 11).

So...it really does not bother me...would I love a price adjustment...duh...;), but I'm pleased with our final price and our cabin location.

Happy sailing!!!

This is great advice! I just looked for the last time! I hope. ;)

Archived