Quick Dry Undies ??

Occy

I'm talking about the stinky smell of dirty underwear after a week, not the space involved. Even packed in ziplocs they are a little too ripe for me to unpack when we get home. I take only 4-5 bras as well, but cannot stand to wear one twice for day wear, I have to launder it first.

It works well for us, not packing a lot of underwear.

Whoh! TMI!!!!!! We don't have that problem and just put our dirty clothes in a plastic bag to be laundered when we get back home.

We both keep old worn out undies for cruises ~~ who sees them but us ? Wear them and toss into trash ! We mark worn out undies and after washing, just keep seperate until next cruise ! Don't have to haul ripe ones home !

We do the dirty-laundry ziploc bag thing too. Don't mind dumping the ripe ones in the wash at all. We have three dogs and two horses. Stinky is a way of life around here. :D

My Warner's microfiber panties hand wash well, and dry just as quickly as those "specialty" undies that are UGLY! :) I wait for sales and get my Warner's at Penney's for 3 for $12.00. They come in bikini, hipster, and briefs.

So sorry to hijack this thread but I had to comment on the picture by your name Houndmom!

Is that your greyhound? I currently have one but have had many in the past. Best pets ever!

Sorry for going off-topic! :)

Jen

We do the dirty-laundry ziploc bag thing too. Don't mind dumping the ripe ones in the wash at all. We have three dogs and two horses. Stinky is a way of life around here. :D

LOL. We do the plastic bag thing as well. Our household consists of a coonhound, a Lhasa Apso, 2 horses and a miniature donkey. Undie odors are minor.

Plastic bags work fine here too although no one ever answered to my inquiry with disposables? That would make some long trips a bit easier I guess.

Was happy to read the "off topic" comment on the greyhound..I've been considering one even contacted the rescue org grey save, so thanks.

Michelle

Whoh! TMI!!!!!! We don't have that problem and just put our dirty clothes in a plastic bag to be laundered when we get back home.

That's what I thought later on, I typically don't care to give out too much persona info on this board :)

There is just other reasons than space saved, that was my point. The fact that it is so easy to wash a few pair and send DH's out for just a couple $ and less to wash when we get home.

We do use plastic bags as well, but have found they don't contain odor as well as they should. I've found that the lining in suitcases will absorb odors (not just from unmentionables :p).

We both keep old worn out undies for cruises ~~ who sees them but us ? Wear them and toss into trash ! We mark worn out undies and after washing, just keep seperate until next cruise ! Don't have to haul ripe ones home !

This is one of the best tips I've heard on these boards in years. I mean, who doesn't have a few pairs of worn outs? What a great way to deal with them.

Thank you!

We have the Tilley & Jockey undies both work just fine I wash them in the sink roll in a towel & they are dry by morning.

I have a lot of Tilley clothes ...they are pricey but worth every cent to me

Lyn

Well PrincessMich I'm sure they wld work and they are an option. Wld I want to go that route ............. mmmmmm I don't know. Sort of makes me think of depends !!!!! I think I wld rather get the long type pantie liners, hence getting maybe 2 days wear out of a pair of undies. As for hubby, no, I don't think I cld get him into disposables !!!

Hope someone can advise. Are those quick drying undies, like Tilley Endurables, really worth the extra $$. We've always just taken our normal "unmentionables" and depending on the length of the cruise, I do a couple of trips to the laundy room during the course of the trip. Recently, a couple of friends have sworn by only taking a couple of pair of these type of underwear as they "virtually dry overnight".

My dear, I would suggest posing this question on a Medical Board. It is my understanding that incontinency is a medical condition rather than a a cruise-related condition. Unless of course the incontinency is the result of not being able to hold one's liquor.

My dear, I would suggest posing this question on a Medical Board. It is my understanding that incontinency is a medical condition rather than a a cruise-related condition. Unless of course the incontinency is the result of not being able to hold one's liquor.

Good point... and besides, isn't that what Depends are for?

Archived