Anyone know NCL's transfer fee AP to Pier in NY?

flashdog_1

I checked the NCL website and it does not give prices. I haven't called as yet. Thought someone here might have already had the experience.

I';ve found a website that says cab fare would be $35-$45 depending on airport, plus tolls & tip etc. Don't know how much a shuttle is, if they exist, or if NCL's transfer is the only other option.

I would be traveling independently (not on NCL's air/land/sea program) and just want to compare price of taxis, shuttles and transfers. Thanks

What Airport? There are a few in NYC?

The cruise I'm planning to book is so far out that air line reservations are not available. I'll take whatever airport my frequent flyer miles can get me. I know that the transfer is good only on embarkation day, not the day before.

I'm just trying to figure it all out: if I want to fly in the night before, or just do it on the day of sail away.

Do you really think the rate will be different for the different airports for a transfer? I thought it might just be a blanket fee.

NY has LaGuardia, JFK and Newark, New Jersey. It could cost you at least $40 for LaGuardia, $35 for JFK and $50 for Newark.. Then you have add in tip and tolls.

I think since the price of the transfers with NCL would be around the same price as the taxi ride from the airports, I would go for the cruiseline transfers.

The cruise I'm planning to book is so far out that air line reservations are not available. I'll take whatever airport my frequent flyer miles can get me. I know that the transfer is good only on embarkation day, not the day before.

I'm just trying to figure it all out: if I want to fly in the night before, or just do it on the day of sail away.

Do you really think the rate will be different for the different airports for a transfer? I thought it might just be a blanket fee.

I would suspect there are different fees for the three main airports; LGA, JFK, and EWR (in NJ). Which airport you will be using is dependent upon what airline you have your miles with and where you are coming from. I would recommend that if possible, you fly in the day before departure, especially if you are flying in winter (ice and snow) or summer (thunderstorms) as NYC airports can get very delayed and the delays stack up and multiply quickly. Hotels in NYC have a reputation for being expensive, but there are budget hotels and values to be found. There are public means of transportation from most airports into the city and without having to rush to the pier, they would be the cheapest option.

Robin

Do you really think the rate will be different for the different airports for a transfer?

Not really if they had transfers to all 3 airports. Last time I checked NCL only offered transfers to LaGuardia and it was $25pp. Do you homework for public options for JFK & EWR

It would be a cold day in NY before I would take cruiseline transfer.

Usually cost more, unless a single traveler. Transfers are per person, taxis are per taxi.

You have to find the transfer people - not usually difficult, but still....

You have to WAIT until they are ready to leave.

You might have to wait for the next bus to arrive.

It does not handle coming in a day early, which we always do in NY. What a trip in itself! Don't miss spending at least a day in the big city.

Not really if they had transfers to all 3 airports. Last time I checked NCL only offered transfers to LaGuardia and it was $25pp. Do you homework for public options for JFK & EWR

You're right they only offer transfers from LGA but it went up double that price! :eek:

a taxi from LGa to the Manhattan cruise terminal is about $30 per cab. One from JFK is about $60(45 plus toll and tip) per cab EWR is more at about $70 each way.

A car service costs about the same(with $10 per car).

Airport bus from EWR is about $15 per person plus a cab from wherever it stops(about $10 for the cab).

there are also shared van services such as Supershuttle and some others.

Cabs are easy to catch from the airport and at the cruise terminal. car services you need to arrange yourself.

Actually, transfer from EWR is rather easy, as long as you can haul your own luggage. The airport train takes you to Newark train station, and you transfer there to the train to the city, then a fairly cheap cab ride anywhere midtown. (And my sister has discovered a nice, cheap La Quinta somewhere around 36th and Broadway). I know my brother often takes the train from NYC to JFK, if I remember correctly, it was a tad complicated, but not too bad.

Which airline do you have miles with?

Robin

We used this company for our transfer from the Gem to LGA earlier this month. We were charged $23/person ($46 for two). It is a shared van but suited our needs well. This company services all three airports and can be used for drop-off at Manhattan hotels if you decide to fly in early.

http://www.goairlinkshuttle.com/page.php?page_code=RIGHT1

We used this company for our transfer from the Gem to LGA earlier this month. We were charged $23/person ($46 for two). It is a shared van but suited our needs well. This company services all three airports and can be used for drop-off at Manhattan hotels if you decide to fly in early.

http://www.goairlinkshuttle.com/page.php?page_code=RIGHT1

That sounds like a decent price.

Archived