Special Wife

asburyfamily

I know that I would absolutely LOVE if my husband set up that balcony dinner thing. You now where they bring in a little table with cloth tablecloth and serve you a romantic dinner under the stars on your balcony. Flowers on the table, bottle of wine, wonderful meal, stars in your eye....heaven...

Yes, that is Princess and it is so romantic. I wish Carnival would start doing this, too!

My fiance proposed to me during the balcony dinner on our Princess cruise in November.... it was really amazing.

What a thoughtful husband you are! My suggestion is to plan your own renewal ceremony to be done on your balcony. Have flowers and Champagne or an anniversary gift delivered that day. Put them out on your balcony & exchange your vows again privately - during sunset would be beautiful! Tell her in advance to write some vows she would like & you write yours. Then go out & use those dance lessons after dinner!

We teach marriage preparation at our church and one thing we get them to do is write a love letter, I still have mine from 28 years ago and still bring it out to read - it really is from the heart.

This is the ticket!!!

Write the letter and then work with the Cruise Director to let you read it to her onstage. Try to get a bouquet of her favorite flowers and perhaps chocolate and champagne to go with it.

Oh, and make sure the twins are there when you read it to her.:)

Bet you can't do it without a tear or two....:D:p

I am kind of in the same position. We went on the Conquest last year and somehow I ended up being the "Elvis" in the Legends show. Was a blast. I'm going to try again this year. Reason........On Sept. 9th, 2009 we will be married 20 years. I am going to try my best to get this part again and I am going to try til I'm blue in the face to get them to let me propose all over to her during the show. If they let me, we will renew our vows on our Sept. 9th cruise. I am getting ready to book our anniversary cruise as soon as we return from this one. My only fear is that she will say no.........lol. I hope it works out. I don't know what I can suggest. Good luck to you and I know whatever you do as long as it is from your heart, she will love it.

Try contacting the cruise director either when you get on board, or before, if you can. Host Mach might be able to help with that if you want to try in advance. Ask for their help, I bet they would love to help set things up for you. I've seen some really wonderful things on these boards where they have gone out of their way to make someone's cruise extra special.

A balcony is a GREAT present .Order breakfast for the next morning and enjoy it outdoors overlooking the ocean or stargaze at night with a drink .

If you go to a duty free port jewellery is always nice

Buy her some lingerie you can both enjoy

Dinner at a specialty restaurant sounds cool.

Of course dancing with her might be all you need

Whatever you do make it special

my idea?

well, if my dh wanted to really impress me...it would be something that put alot of thought into it....anyone, including myself, can buy any piece of jewelry i wanted....so i would say no to that.

i would have a romantic dinner for 2 set up on my balcony (or in cabin)....whether that means you get a tray and carry it to your room yourself, or a big fat tip to the steward to help you....the dancing is great...even without lessons, i'd be impressed the fact that my dh would say he was going to dance with me. then i'd request a special song, dedicated to your wife and all you have to do is stand there and slowly sway...she will be the most proudest happiest woman there. having flowers delivered for your romantic dinner would be nice too.

there is no need to go spending a ton of money unless you have unlimited supply of it....

going to the supper club honestly would not impress me that much either. that's nothing "special" just for "me".

just my opinion, i'm a hopeless romantic...and a beautiful card to tell her how much you love her....with some nice words written by you, would go farther than any jewelry...imo.

good luck, it's very sweet of you...you already would make her very happy just knowing that you are putting this much effort into it.

Def do the love letter. Take your time to write it and not just a couple of lines but a real letter. I would not take anything for the few love letters my husband has written to me!!

I so agree def do the letter. I have the very first one that my DH wrote to me it had 11 words in it but they were the sweetest 11 words wrote in my opinion. (Oh you may want to think about an inside room across from yours for the girls)

OK so definetly the letter and dancing ( she loves to dance I usually say wait I need to relax and get the beat first husban stalling). I was thinking on splendor they have a private massgae room where DW can get a massage I am thinking talking to spa and see if I can sneek in and give her the massage( have her eyes covered with a mask or something) then in the middle of massage place a bradcelet on her wrist then sneek away leaving the spa attetendent to finish. :D:D:D

Let me first say, I just loved reading each and every post in this thread!

Vow renewal, vow renewal, vow renewal . . . . until you've done it, you can't fully understand how wonderful it is . . . . it was almost (or was) more special than our actual wedding day. On our wedding day, I didn't truly understand what those vows meant . . . having my husband say them to me again was magical and truly something I will never forget.

Here's my review of our vow renewal cruise. . . . . we cruised about 3 months before our 15 year anniversary.

View Pictures at: http://community.webshots.com/album/561978605ILrtjo

Review:

When we first arrived in our room on Sunday (12/16/07), we were greeted by an envelope with our vow renewal ceremony time and place (you don't get to schedule a time before you arrive). It was the next day at 5:15. We’ve since learned that they do the vow renewals on formal days. Which works out perfectly as all the ships photographers have backdrops set up around the ship.

I was so excited because after 15 years of marriage, I was ready to recommit to my husband. I felt like this time was even more special than our “original” ceremony as now I truly knew what it meant to be married.

I quickly visited the reservations desk to book a reservation for Sterlings Steakhouse for that evening so that we could have an intimate dinner together. I then stopped down at the passengers services desk (pursers desk) and met Demingos, he was extremely helpful. I asked about ordering a white cake (I couldn’t do this ahead of time), The Wedding Experience “TWE” would not help me unless I was a bride organizing an “actual” wedding. I didn’t let that bother me because Princess had told me I could order a cake when I arrived. And sure enough, I was able to with Demingos at the front desk. $1.50 a slice -- what a deal. Since it was only the 2 of us, I order for 4 slices because I didn’t want the cake to be too small. He asked if I wanted fresh strawberries to accompany the cake and I’m glad I said yes. The cake showed up at Sterlings and was absolutely beautiful. I also placed an order for 3 roses in a vase to be put on our table as I wanted it too look beautiful. The were sitting on the table when we arrived. Dimingo’s did a great job.

I booked a manicure for the next morning so my nails would look perfect, the spa was very accommodating and my manicure was a nice touch.

I got ready in my room before my husband (I made him leave, I had kept the dress a secret all along so I didn’t want him seeing me for the first time in the dress while he was coming out of the bathroom, etc.). I left the room at 4:30 and he came back in to put on his tux. I told him I would meet him in the library at 5:00 so that the first time he saw me it would be a little more special than just in our room. It wasn’t possible for the first time to be as I walked down the aisle as we hadn’t even met the wedding coordinator yet . . . .etc. I left the room and went to the florist shop . . . .which isn’t actually a florist shop or even a store. It’s a table set up in the corner of desk 7 which wasn’t manned. I was hoping to look at my boquet and add a few flowers if necessary to make it look pretty. I still didn’t have a good idea what it looked like. I waited about 10 minutes at this table thinking someone would show up but that wasn’t the case. So I headed to the library to wait for my husband.

I felt very special walking around the ship as you could tell I was a bride from my dress (wasn’t long but white which a champagne beaded sash). I had a crystal headband and a crystal choker necklace. I felt beautiful and people commented about how beautiful I looked . . . .what a boost to the self-esteem 

I wait in the library only about 10 minutes and my dashing (and I mean dashing) husband showed up. I quickly did a spin for him and could see his eyes light up as he looked at his bride for the first time. He comment on how beautiful I looked and my heart soared. After a few kisses and hugs we headed the Hearts and Mind chappel on the top deck (by the spa).

We were greated by (Kristy) who went over the ceremony quickly. Not too much to it, just “do you want to exchange rings, did you write vows”. We asked her to start the web cam as several people were waiting back home to watch. We called them on Sunday and told them what time because we hadn’t left port yet, we still had cell phone coverage. She had my boquet (Orchid Boquet it says on the website) and it was absolutely beautiful. For those of you doing this, don’t worry about the boquet, it was stunning.

A great big thank you to my fellow Cruisecritic passangers because we have met the day before, 6 of them showed up for the ceremony. You were all so nice and it was great having some guest at the ceremony. One, Bill took video with our camera and (Liz) took pictures with a camera.

The captian showed up right before the ceremony, the music started and we walked each other down the aisle. After a few short words by the captain, he had us repeat vows . . . .very sentimental (see entire wording below). Then we repeated our own vows to each other that we had written.

The ships photographer was snapping pictures all along the was as well as Liz, she took some great photos and Bill (the video is incredible). Then the ceremony was sealed by a kiss and we walked back out of the chappel.

The photographer brought us back in for a picture with the captain (he was a man of few words but very nice and cordial just the same). Since it was a formal night, the photo desk wouldn’t allow me to hire the a photographer for an hour or so for pictures around the ship . . . . I really wanted an outdoor shot. But, because I had stopped down at the desk early that day, the photographer mentioned that he thought we wanted outdoor photos . . . .yippee! He went outside on the desk with us (which was literally just outside the door of the chappel) and took some deck shots. People were gazing at us and I felt like royalty.

All-in-all the ceremony only took about 10 minutes which pictures afterwards about 15 more so making a reserveration for Sterlings at 6:30 worked out perfectly. We had about 30 minutes to walk around the ship to the other photographers. We stopped at about 4 different stations and had many, many pictures taken. Then off to Sterlings for what was a fabulous dinner.

The roses were on the table but with my boquet, they weren’t really needed (but a nice touch nonetheless). We had a beautiful dinner with several courses. When it came time for dessert, we were presented with the cake but we were too full to eat anything more. Sterlings had it sent to our room and we enjoyed it about mid-night that night -- it was delicious.

I have posed several of the pictures from the ceremony and deck shots at webshots . . . .the link is above.

It was a beautiful ceremony and a special touch to our anniversary cruise. I would highly recommend this to anyone, even it it’s just been one year . . . . . It’s nice to hear the words again and recommit yourself to your spouse. I did it up big with a dress, etc. but even if it was in shorts the words are the same and I think you would find it as special as I did. At $205.00 it was well worth it.

It was a very special day for both my husband and I . . . . again, I would highly recommend.

Actual words of ceremony from the Captain:

I would like to welcome you to the Wedding Chapel. We are here to reaffirm your marriage commitments.

I ask that you become closer to each other and recommit yourselves to a life together. Life involves sharing love with each other so that when we leave this celebration, we are all better companions going out into the world.

As I renew your vows to each other we are all reminded that marriage is a union of two lives and two hearts joined together in equal partnership. A husband and wife will bear each others burdens as well as share each others joys. Your goal in your marriage is to be considerate, loving and tender, supporting each other in your love. The renewal of the vows that you share should be as binding in adversity as in prosperity.

As you continue to live together, sharing on another, the gifts of love and striving to become one, in heart and mind. I ask you now to renew the vows, which you first pledged to one another.

I, Douglas, renew to you, Maria, the promis of marriage I made to you 15 years ago.

Today I accept you again to myself as the cornerstone of my life.

As I have been true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, so I will cointinue to love and honour you all the days of my life.

I, Maria, renew to you, Douglas, the promis of marriage I made to you 15 years ago.

Today I accept you again to myself as the cronerstone of my life.

As I have been true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, so I will continue to love and honour you all the days of my life.

Maria, with the ring, I seal my love fo ryou, and the commitment I re-made here today. (and then my husband read me his personal vows . . . . this is part where you can really make her feel special).

Douglas, with this ring, I seal my love for you, and the commitment I re-made here today.

As Master of Caribbean Princess, I am happy to witness the renewal of your vows and your renewed commitment to each other. My your love continue to grow stronger in the years that lie ahead.

Douglas, you may now kiss your bride of 15 years.

Let me first say, I just loved reading each and every post in this thread!

Vow renewal, vow renewal, vow renewal . . . . until you've done it, you can't fully understand how wonderful it is . . . . it was almost (or was) more special than our actual wedding day. On our wedding day, I didn't truly understand what those vows meant . . . having my husband say them to me again was magical and truly something I will never forget.

Here's my review of our vow renewal cruise. . . . . we cruised about 3 months before our 15 year anniversary.

View Pictures at: http://community.webshots.com/album/561978605ILrtjo

Review:

When we first arrived in our room on Sunday (12/16/07), we were greeted by an envelope with our vow renewal ceremony time and place (you don't get to schedule a time before you arrive). It was the next day at 5:15. We’ve since learned that they do the vow renewals on formal days. Which works out perfectly as all the ships photographers have backdrops set up around the ship.

I was so excited because after 15 years of marriage, I was ready to recommit to my husband. I felt like this time was even more special than our “original” ceremony as now I truly knew what it meant to be married.

I quickly visited the reservations desk to book a reservation for Sterlings Steakhouse for that evening so that we could have an intimate dinner together. I then stopped down at the passengers services desk (pursers desk) and met Demingos, he was extremely helpful. I asked about ordering a white cake (I couldn’t do this ahead of time), The Wedding Experience “TWE” would not help me unless I was a bride organizing an “actual” wedding. I didn’t let that bother me because Princess had told me I could order a cake when I arrived. And sure enough, I was able to with Demingos at the front desk. $1.50 a slice -- what a deal. Since it was only the 2 of us, I order for 4 slices because I didn’t want the cake to be too small. He asked if I wanted fresh strawberries to accompany the cake and I’m glad I said yes. The cake showed up at Sterlings and was absolutely beautiful. I also placed an order for 3 roses in a vase to be put on our table as I wanted it too look beautiful. The were sitting on the table when we arrived. Dimingo’s did a great job.

I booked a manicure for the next morning so my nails would look perfect, the spa was very accommodating and my manicure was a nice touch.

I got ready in my room before my husband (I made him leave, I had kept the dress a secret all along so I didn’t want him seeing me for the first time in the dress while he was coming out of the bathroom, etc.). I left the room at 4:30 and he came back in to put on his tux. I told him I would meet him in the library at 5:00 so that the first time he saw me it would be a little more special than just in our room. It wasn’t possible for the first time to be as I walked down the aisle as we hadn’t even met the wedding coordinator yet . . . .etc. I left the room and went to the florist shop . . . .which isn’t actually a florist shop or even a store. It’s a table set up in the corner of desk 7 which wasn’t manned. I was hoping to look at my boquet and add a few flowers if necessary to make it look pretty. I still didn’t have a good idea what it looked like. I waited about 10 minutes at this table thinking someone would show up but that wasn’t the case. So I headed to the library to wait for my husband.

I felt very special walking around the ship as you could tell I was a bride from my dress (wasn’t long but white which a champagne beaded sash). I had a crystal headband and a crystal choker necklace. I felt beautiful and people commented about how beautiful I looked . . . .what a boost to the self-esteem 

I wait in the library only about 10 minutes and my dashing (and I mean dashing) husband showed up. I quickly did a spin for him and could see his eyes light up as he looked at his bride for the first time. He comment on how beautiful I looked and my heart soared. After a few kisses and hugs we headed the Hearts and Mind chappel on the top deck (by the spa).

We were greated by (Kristy) who went over the ceremony quickly. Not too much to it, just “do you want to exchange rings, did you write vows”. We asked her to start the web cam as several people were waiting back home to watch. We called them on Sunday and told them what time because we hadn’t left port yet, we still had cell phone coverage. She had my boquet (Orchid Boquet it says on the website) and it was absolutely beautiful. For those of you doing this, don’t worry about the boquet, it was stunning.

A great big thank you to my fellow Cruisecritic passangers because we have met the day before, 6 of them showed up for the ceremony. You were all so nice and it was great having some guest at the ceremony. One, Bill took video with our camera and (Liz) took pictures with a camera.

The captian showed up right before the ceremony, the music started and we walked each other down the aisle. After a few short words by the captain, he had us repeat vows . . . .very sentimental (see entire wording below). Then we repeated our own vows to each other that we had written.

The ships photographer was snapping pictures all along the was as well as Liz, she took some great photos and Bill (the video is incredible). Then the ceremony was sealed by a kiss and we walked back out of the chappel.

The photographer brought us back in for a picture with the captain (he was a man of few words but very nice and cordial just the same). Since it was a formal night, the photo desk wouldn’t allow me to hire the a photographer for an hour or so for pictures around the ship . . . . I really wanted an outdoor shot. But, because I had stopped down at the desk early that day, the photographer mentioned that he thought we wanted outdoor photos . . . .yippee! He went outside on the desk with us (which was literally just outside the door of the chappel) and took some deck shots. People were gazing at us and I felt like royalty.

All-in-all the ceremony only took about 10 minutes which pictures afterwards about 15 more so making a reserveration for Sterlings at 6:30 worked out perfectly. We had about 30 minutes to walk around the ship to the other photographers. We stopped at about 4 different stations and had many, many pictures taken. Then off to Sterlings for what was a fabulous dinner.

The roses were on the table but with my boquet, they weren’t really needed (but a nice touch nonetheless). We had a beautiful dinner with several courses. When it came time for dessert, we were presented with the cake but we were too full to eat anything more. Sterlings had it sent to our room and we enjoyed it about mid-night that night -- it was delicious.

I have posed several of the pictures from the ceremony and deck shots at webshots . . . .the link is above.

It was a beautiful ceremony and a special touch to our anniversary cruise. I would highly recommend this to anyone, even it it’s just been one year . . . . . It’s nice to hear the words again and recommit yourself to your spouse. I did it up big with a dress, etc. but even if it was in shorts the words are the same and I think you would find it as special as I did. At $205.00 it was well worth it.

It was a very special day for both my husband and I . . . . again, I would highly recommend.

Actual words of ceremony from the Captain:

I would like to welcome you to the Wedding Chapel. We are here to reaffirm your marriage commitments.

I ask that you become closer to each other and recommit yourselves to a life together. Life involves sharing love with each other so that when we leave this celebration, we are all better companions going out into the world.

As I renew your vows to each other we are all reminded that marriage is a union of two lives and two hearts joined together in equal partnership. A husband and wife will bear each others burdens as well as share each others joys. Your goal in your marriage is to be considerate, loving and tender, supporting each other in your love. The renewal of the vows that you share should be as binding in adversity as in prosperity.

As you continue to live together, sharing on another, the gifts of love and striving to become one, in heart and mind. I ask you now to renew the vows, which you first pledged to one another.

I, Douglas, renew to you, Maria, the promis of marriage I made to you 15 years ago.

Today I accept you again to myself as the cornerstone of my life.

As I have been true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, so I will cointinue to love and honour you all the days of my life.

I, Maria, renew to you, Douglas, the promis of marriage I made to you 15 years ago.

Today I accept you again to myself as the cronerstone of my life.

As I have been true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, so I will continue to love and honour you all the days of my life.

Maria, with the ring, I seal my love fo ryou, and the commitment I re-made here today. (and then my husband read me his personal vows . . . . this is part where you can really make her feel special).

Douglas, with this ring, I seal my love for you, and the commitment I re-made here today.

As Master of Caribbean Princess, I am happy to witness the renewal of your vows and your renewed commitment to each other. My your love continue to grow stronger in the years that lie ahead.

Douglas, you may now kiss your bride of 15 years.

OMG you made me cry! Awesome pictures!

Archived