Sailing Oceania 8/4/09

megmol

Just returned from the insignia...South America cruise. We had an inside cabin and there was no refrigerator in our cabin. We did bring wine on board and Vodka. We called room service and ordered ice to be delivered to our cabin at 4:30, everyday (only had to tell them once)...then called for Cranberry juice and orange juice about 5:30/6...had our own little happy hour. Room service was fast and we also ordered snacks to have with our drinks. We also asked for 4 wine glasses at a time. Sometimes we brought a glass of wine with us to the dining room and two other times, we paid the $20 corkage fee to open one of our bottles of wine. I'll be happy to answer any other questions you might have.

• 5 months later...

Can you tell me anything about the shore excursions you took on your Insignia South American cruise, what you liked, what you didn't? Were the fees worth it? thanks - we're doing an Insignia South American cruise in Feb 2010. Thanks!!

Nancy/Dave,

We didn't take any of the ships tours...prices are very high and we saw everything we wanted to see on our own...it was easy. Had a great tour company in Argentina pick us up at the airport in a private car (about $42)...took us to our hotel and booked with them for a city tour ($15 per person), which gave us a good insight into the city. We also booked a tango show with them...first class all the way and reasonable. All the other ports we went to the beach, shopping, and sightseeing on our own. Took taxi's if needed to some attractions. I don't have all my records of what we did and saw this summer as I am away from my winter house but I will be happy to let you know more details in September (after the 15th) if you want. Email me at marie@eggly.com and I will give you more info.

Archived