Keeping 7 month old entertained in cabin

pfisted

Hello. We are cruising next month with a new addition, a 7 month old DGD. What do veteran cruisers suggest we bring to keep her entertained while on the ship and in the cabin while we are previously occupied - getting ready, resting, etc. Thanks for your advise. :)DD

I brought bouncie chairs with connected toys for my twins to use while I was getting ready. There are tons of toys you can buy though that connect to the stroller or car seat with little links. These are also handy to connect to the high chair in the dining room.

Best,

Mia

Hello. We are cruising next month with a new addition, a 7 month old DGD. What do veteran cruisers suggest we bring to keep her entertained while on the ship and in the cabin while we are previously occupied - getting ready, resting, etc. Thanks for your advise. :)DD

Like PP suggested bring links and items that can be linked onto a stroller, high chair, etc. They really do help.

For the most part, we used the same toys that we use to entertain DD while at home. She had her favorite stuffed animal. A thing that rattles and clanks and shifts positions as it moves.

I was so concerned about DD not getting bored and needing stuff to entertain her, and I really didn't need much at all. She loved to sit and make faces back and forth with me while I was sitting at the mirror putting on makeup. With DH, DD and I in such a confined space versus spread out over our house, she loved that she could pretty much turn anywhere and see us and that entertained her.

I'm sure your DGDs parents know what her favorite toys are and probably wouldn't dream of leaving home without them, she will be fine. Have a great cruise, and enjoy watching her face as she explores the ship and sees new things. It is great to watch.

My son was mesmerized with baby einstein videos at this age. he liked Baby Mozart the best. If you can get ahold of that- I would. He was transfixed and they say that Mozart music in particular creates smarter people.

If you have a laptop computer or portable DVD player bring it along. In fact, it is one of the best investments you can make for travel. They are as cheap as $80.

Archived