Anyone been to Bannister Island

Cant Wait 4 Cruisin!

Just got back home yesterday from Carnival Valor. Had an awesome time. My family went with Carnival's excursion to Bannister Island. It's the private beach excurstion. The island is beautiful. I can try to post pictures with a review in a few days. Some parts of the beach had more shells and you had to be careful barefoot, but once your out alittle it was sand. We were able to get a few lounge chairs for my family under some shade and some out in the sun. They had volleyball net set up, hammocks in one area. They also had a food stand and small gift shop. A covered bar area and bathrooms were available. The water was blue and warm and we had a great day there.

Just got back home yesterday from Carnival Valor. Had an awesome time. My family went with Carnival's excursion to Bannister Island. It's the private beach excurstion. The island is beautiful. I can try to post pictures with a review in a few days. Some parts of the beach had more shells and you had to be careful barefoot, but once your out alittle it was sand. We were able to get a few lounge chairs for my family under some shade and some out in the sun. They had volleyball net set up, hammocks in one area. They also had a food stand and small gift shop. A covered bar area and bathrooms were available. The water was blue and warm and we had a great day there.

Pictures would be great. I remember we went to an island in the middle of the water back in '02 on NCL and couldn't remember the name of the excursion. We are going to Belize on Carnival Glory in Aug. and we would love to go back there, but I did not see a Carnival excursion for this Island. Any suggestions? And was this the Island we might have gone to back in '02 that was surrounded by water?

Ellie, we are on the valor in June wondering if massages are offered on the beach and how much. Also how much shopping is there. We want to shop for souveniers and don't have much time left once we get back. Will this be just and cheap as in town?

There were massages on the beach. I saw a sign once saying there were massages but did not explore the whole island to see where it was. And I'm sorry I don't remember the price. There is a small little gift shop that is there. Prices were ok. Not sure to how it compares to the main town because we didn't end up going there.

• 2 weeks later...

We found a tour for snorkeling and then bannister island after we got off the ship. There are several tour companies trying to get you to go when you get to the port. The one toward the end goes to Bannister Caye. Just ask for the one that goes to Bannister. We had our own snorkeling equip but they also supplied it for those who did not. Belize has the most beautiful snorkeling I've ever seen. It was $35.00/person for 1 1/2-2 hours of snorkeling and then another 1 1/2-2 hours on Bannister Caye. Bannister Caye was a small island, beautiful, a bar, food, chairs, beach volleyball, monkeys, birds. Got back to port in plenty of time to catch the tender back to the ship.

Ellie, we are on the valor in June wondering if massages are offered on the beach and how much. Also how much shopping is there. We want to shop for souveniers and don't have much time left once we get back. Will this be just and cheap as in town?

We were at Bannister Island on Feb 25th and I had a massage. The cost was $1 per minute. It wasn't a real deep tissue massage, but sure was relaxing with the beach right next to me. Worth every penny! When you arrive at Bannister Island the massage hut is to the left of the beach area.

We are considering Bannister Island for a day on the beach and some snorkeling. Are there restaurants and places to get cocktails? We have our own gear and I'm hoping it's easy to catch a ride there for a reasonable family of four.
There is a bar and a food stand on the island. Regarding the snorkeling, there is a smaller boat on the island that will take you out to snorkel, not sure what the cost was. We did see a few people snorkeling off the beach, but it sounds like the better viewing was by going out by boat.

Hope this helps...here's a few more pics to add...

hpim1734.jpg.93f9c580a13a957f5f504d54bcbe4aff.jpg

HPIM1743.jpg.ea06b24bae61e313df469cc43bcf5a92.jpg

We found a tour for snorkeling and then bannister island after we got off the ship. There are several tour companies trying to get you to go when you get to the port. The one toward the end goes to Bannister Caye. Just ask for the one that goes to Bannister. We had our own snorkeling equip but they also supplied it for those who did not. Belize has the most beautiful snorkeling I've ever seen. It was $35.00/person for 1 1/2-2 hours of snorkeling and then another 1 1/2-2 hours on Bannister Caye. Bannister Caye was a small island, beautiful, a bar, food, chairs, beach volleyball, monkeys, birds. Got back to port in plenty of time to catch the tender back to the ship.

This tour sounds great; do you remember the name of the company U used? Are Bannister Island and Caye one in the same or R they two different places? What did you think of the boat the company used to take you out on? Was safety equipment provided? Do they provide the safety vests to use while snorkeling and are shade & refreshments provided on the boat? We are traveling with four adults and a five year old who swims; did you have any children on your boat?

Just tried to book Bannister Island through Coral Breezes and they are sold out on the day we are there! Any other suggestions? I did check out the Carnival Beach Break and it was $42 which actually wasn't too bad considering the price of some of their other excursions. Recommendations?

Just tried to book Bannister Island through Coral Breezes and they are sold out on the day we are there! Any other suggestions? I did check out the Carnival Beach Break and it was $42 which actually wasn't too bad considering the price of some of their other excursions. Recommendations?

We did this through Carnival, and although $42 pp seems a little steep for the beach it really was worth it. We didn't have to worry about anything, we took the tender directly to Bannister Island, didn't have to go to Belize City first. It was a nice relaxing day for us, plenty of chairs, hammocks for the kids. There was a little area over by the massage hut that had a ball on this pole and you had to get the ball down the pole quicker than your opponent. My son could have played this game all day! Not that it's much, but you also get a free drink, the rum punch was pretty decent:)

The other thing that was pretty decent was the day we pulled into Belize it was pouring and Carnival gave us the option of pulling out, right up until we went on the Tender. They told us we would have our money refunded if we opted out of the tour. I'm glad we went though, by the time we got there the sun was shining and it turned out to be a beautiful day!

thank you. what time did you leave? we would like to go as early as possible.

We had to meet in the Follies Lounge for 9:15, by the time they called our number and we got on the Tender I think we arrived at the Island by 10:30.

I haven't been to Belize yet, but I'm planning on using either coral breezes or ecotours when I'm there next February. I had heard on here that you can walk off and find someone to book a tour with when you get there, but I'm afraid of them being booked up. Someone said they went with ecotours for $30 pp when they got off the ship, but I'll probably book ahead to keep my spot.

Good luck and let me know how it goes when you get back.

Karen

This tour sounds great; do you remember the name of the company U used? Are Bannister Island and Caye one in the same or R they two different places? What did you think of the boat the company used to take you out on? Was safety equipment provided? Do they provide the safety vests to use while snorkeling and are shade & refreshments provided on the boat? We are traveling with four adults and a five year old who swims; did you have any children on your boat?

It was ecotoursbelize.com I just looked at their web site and this is the tour that we used. We booked it right at the port, not before going. There were a few children. It was a windy day so a little scarey but the snorkeling was great. They did have life vests and snorkeling equip on the boat. The boat they used is the one on their web site when you click on "about us". The guides were great. They talked the whole ride about the belize culture and language. Very interesting. They had water but no other refreshments.

As I look at the web site of ecotours I see that the tour we went on is listed more expensive on the web site than what we paid(listed $49.00, we paid $35.00). I think they were trying to fill up the tour so we were able to negotiate the price.

It was ecotoursbelize.com I just looked at their web site and this is the tour that we used. We booked it right at the port, not before going. There were a few children. It was a windy day so a little scarey but the snorkeling was great. They did have life vests and snorkeling equip on the boat. The boat they used is the one on their web site when you click on "about us". The guides were great. They talked the whole ride about the belize culture and language. Very interesting. They had water but no other refreshments.

Thanks for the ecotour info. I guess we'll wait and book after we tender ashore; sounds like you can save a few bucks.

Archived