bringing your own wine

faith1

First, each cruise line has its own rules, you may want to ask on the line you are sailing with.

For Princess, they do charge $15 per bottle corkage fee for any bottle you want opened in a dining room or bar. So it would be $60 for 4 bottles.

I believe Princess lets each adult carry on 1 bottle of wine. However, I have not heard of them enforcing the rule. You can keep it in your room. If you drink it there, then there is no corkage fee.

From what I have understood reading the info on this site, if I bring 4 bottles of wine with me I will be charged 15 dollars for each bottle, so 60.00. Is this correct? Also do you get to keep it in your room?

No charge if you open the wine in your room, and don't bring it to the dining room.

Again it depends on the Cruise line. NCL it is $15 a bottle when you board wether you take it to your room or to the dining room. and if you have it in checked bags they find it during Xray and call you to the naughty room to claim it and pay the fee. Hard liquor will be confiscated.

Does anyone have knowledge of Thomson Ships regarding this please

we are on Destiny ship on Caribbean this April and would love to purchase local wine and bring it on ship only for our Cabin to enjoy

we dont want to sneek it on board or anything we like to be up front not breaking any laws or rules

or do we show person while boarding back on ship of our purchase

we dont want people laughing at us when its taken off us or anything just like to be honest and upkeeping there laws and rules

Thank you :o

Everyone should beware that RCI does not allow any alcoholic beverages (including wine) to be brought on-board. If you buy booze at a port, they will take your booze when you come back aboard and return it to your cabin on the last night. On most other lines we cruise (HA, Princess, etc) there is no problem bringing aboard wine for personal use in your cabin. However, you will pay corkage fees for bringing your wine to the dining rooms.

Hank

From what I have understood reading the info on this site, if I bring 4 bottles of wine with me I will be charged 15 dollars for each bottle, so 60.00. Is this correct? Also do you get to keep it in your room?

Totally depends on the cruise line..... RCI is particularly greedy and does not let you bring any wine at all. Most other lines (Carnival and subsidiaries, NCL, and I think Celebrity) allow a bottle wine per person but charge a corkage fee if you bring it to the dining room.

Hi there. I just want to ask that you mention your cruise line when posting on the "Ask a Cruise Question" forum. I know that many members show their cruises in their signatures, countdowns, etc., but many of us set our User CP options to not show anything except the actual post. You will likely get more on-point responses that way.

If you're talking about NCL: Yes, you may bring wine onboard. I haven't heard about a limit of four bottles, but that may be new. Yes, you will be charged a $15/bottle consumption fee, regardless of where you plan to consume your wine. If you take a bottle to the dining room or a restaurant, be sure that it has the sticker on it and bring your receipt too, just in case. Otherwise, the restaurant staff may try to charge you the fee a second time.

Check the cruise lines website. They will spell out their liquor policies in unambiguous terms.

Yes, they do have their policies online (and elsewhere), but they aren't always unambiguous and they are sometimes convoluted. There are also policy changes where the online info lags behind and is out of date. What does it hurt for a member to ask other members for current info? Of course faith1 should check with the cruise line too.

beachchick

Archived