Taking a little booze on board

firsttimewithcunard

We'd like to take with us a bottle of malt and a bottle of brandy for nightcaps. I know that, strictly speaking, this is not allowed. Is the rule enforced?

If you come aboard with the bottles tied around your neck, or with one in each hand, or if one of your bags looked remarkably like a case of scotch, maybe. ;)

An extra bottle of champagne we wrapped securely within our luggage arrived safe and sound. Although our purpose was to have a backup in case a preordered bottle on board was not in the cabin for our private sailaway toasts, I think you'll learn that it's relatively common (but not everyone approves) to discretely augment the ship's liquor cargo. Enjoy.

We packed scotch and gin. Took it on two cruises openly!!! We even were provided with ice for our drinks!!! We never felt frowned on nor were our bottles taken from our room. We enjoyed many drinks on our balcony!!!

Take it and enjoy it!!!

We'd like to take with us a bottle of malt and a bottle of brandy for nightcaps. I know that, strictly speaking, this is not allowed. Is the rule enforced?

Who says its not allowed?? You're PAYING to be on the ship, don't feel the need to apologise - you can take whatever you like into your stateroom as long as its not explosive!!

My Mum and I enjoyed having not 1 but two full bottles of single malt in our stateroom last summer and felt no need to apologise for it, or hide them. I hasten to add that they weren't empty at the end of the cruise :)

On almost all ships the drinks are always taken off you and stored to the end of the cruise, this is the same with Cunard and it does tell you as much, however most people take on what they wish and store it in the cabin, we took on a case of champers in NYC and it was delivered to our cabin with out a problem and chilled in the fridge.

you wont have a problem at all.

rob

- you can take whatever you like into your stateroom as long as its not explosive!!

ROFLMAO.

Very true, Rob - the more so when you consider that they actually supply you with Pol Acker which, by any stretch of the imagination, must contravene every international law prohibiting chemical weapons.

J

ROFLMAO.

Very true, Rob - the more so when you consider that they actually supply you with Pol Acker which, by any stretch of the imagination, must contravene every international law prohibiting chemical weapons.

J

I dont know, after a glass or 2 you start to quite enjoy it, maybe its the mind bending that occurs afterwards

I did not know Cunard had such a rule. We have often taken a bottle or two of wine onboard with both Cunard and P&O. Perhaps spirits are treated differently. I have a padded bottle carrier that fits two bottles and I just take it as hand luggage. You may well be charged corkage if you take it to the dinning room.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Archived