Best way to get New Orleans Port

JoeandSheryl

I assume you are arriving at the New Orleans Airport. I can't comment on the NCL shuttle, but there is a vendor called the Airport Shuttle which is cheaper than a taxi. They do go to the Cruise Terminal. I think the fare is about $13 per person. You can make reservations here:

http://www.airportshuttleneworleans.com/

Just went thru the N.O. airport last month. We were going to take the shuttle for $13 per person, but decided that taking a taxi was a better choice for us. The taxi's are a flat rate for two passengers of $28 from the airport to most areas of the city (French Quarter, cruise terminal, business district, etc.).

Check out http://www.flymsy.com/ part of the info there is:

Taxicabs:A cab ride costs $28.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) for one or two persons and $12.00 (per passenger) for three or more passengers. Pick-up is on the lower level, outside the baggage claim area. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage.

Airport Shuttle:Shuttle service is available from the airport to the hotels in the CBD for $13.00 (per person, one-way), $26.00 (per person, round-trip), or $24.00 (per person, round-trip for two or more people when purchased at the airport). Three bags per person.

So, for us (a couple), it was $2 more, but it was personal service instead of sharing the shuttle with possible multiple stops. The other BIG reason is that the line for the shuttle was about 30 minutes, and we were in a taxi and gone in less than 5 minutes. (We were probably at the hotel by the time others were just getting into the shuttle!!!)

From our hotel on the edge of the French Quarter, I think it was a flat rate of $14 to get to the cruise terminal. The taxi dropped us off in front of the luggage handlers, and we were on our way quickly.

Enjoy the cruise!

Archived