monarch of the seas questions

obsessedsc

1. what time is the muster drill? (approx)

2. how early is breakfast served in the windjammer?

3. when do they have the pina coladas in the pineapples? (is it at the midnight buffet? which night is that)

4. anyone do the atlantis aquaventure?- how is the lunch? what time did you get off the ship and over to atlantis?

5- with MTD will they still have an early and late seating available?

:cool:

I don't know the answer to all of your questions, but here goes...

1. Muster drill will happen close to sail away. I believe the Monarch is scheduled to leave port at 5:00, so I would assume sometime between 4:00-5:00.

2. Breakfast probably starts fairly early, but room service will deliver at whatever time you ask for.

3. I have no idea about the pina coladas. ;)

4. Haven't been to Atlantis, but from all accounts I've heard it is cheaper to do it on your own. Good luck!

5. With MTD, you eat at your own leisure, within a several hour window. You can make reservations or just show up and ask for a table. You do not have to eat at the same time everyday.

what i meant by the my time dining question was that can is that your only option or can you still have early or late seating? on FOS last summer we had late seating at 8:30 but there were people on our cruise that chose MTD. is this still how it works. i like having the same table each night with the same wait staff.

and even if Atlantis is cheaper on our own, we are young adults and it makes our parents happier when we book our excursions through the cruiseline. just feels a little safer to us.

Hi,

I can't answer your questions from experience on the Monarch. We are booked for the May 18th sailing. If you do book, please stop by and join us on the Roll Call.

As far as Atlantis is concerned, you can check on the port board. I know I found some good threads on Atlantis.

Erika

Just got off Monarch on Friday. Muster was around 4pm and lasted almost 1/2 hour due to people arriving late and people they couldnt locate. Sort of annoying.

I think breakfast starts at 6am but I couldnt be 100% sure since we never ate earlier than 8am.

The pineapple drinks were on the 2nd or 3rd night. Our schedule was a little off since we missed Coco Cay the first day due to high seas and went straight to Nassau instead We made it to Coco Cay on the return trip and stopped there instead of the day at sea.

There is only main and late seating for dinner. No options to dine when you want unless you go to the buffet. Which has the same food as being served in the dining room (just without the presentation and service of the dining room).

We did not book a excursion at Atlantis but we took a taxi there on our own just to check it out. Taxi cost $14 for 3 people one-way. We were able to walk freely around Atlantis and check it out. We didnt attempt to use any of the facitlities (pool, slides, beaches, etc) but we were never asked to leave or questioned about who we were or what we were doing.

There is only main and late seating for dinner. No options to dine when you want unless you go to the buffet. Which has the same food as being served in the dining room (just without the presentation and service of the dining room).

i think this starts in march.

Do try the dining room for breakfast--it's really much nicer than the buffet! You can get anything you want---if you want eggs, meat, and pancakes or whatever, simply order it...no searching for syrup, butter, etc.... it's all on the table! Try it!

Archived