FLL Xray Machines for Carry-ons

sk8teacher

By chance does anyone happen to know what the maximum size of carry-on that can be taken through security? I am trying to put my camera gear and computer in one case instead of hassling two or more. I can get it all into a 28x22x12 bag. If it won't go through the xray machine, will they hand search it?

As I recall they are about the same size as those at airports and I'm pretty sure that the bag above will go through those.

Thanks,

i think that is too big.....max carry on size is 24" and that's for Southwest...

your bag seems a little big....my carryon is not 22" wide....

PLUS you will have to haul it around with you.

i do not think they will hand search...never saw that unless they see something funny.

my camera and laptop will fit into an airline sized 22 inch carry on.

I should have been more specific, I am referring to Port Everglades xray machines, not airlines. We are going down via Amtrak so carry-on size while restricted is not as bad as airlines. The bag I am thinking about meets their size restrictions, but I don't know if it will fit through the machine at Port Everglades.

Cheers,

I think your bag may be be too large. I don't know the answer to the handchecking part of your question. From the Carnival website:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more that 50 pounds and not exceed 16"h x 24"w x 30"length. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"w x 16"h. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

Archived