Availability of baby sitter

2910car

We are still trying to decide between NCL Sky and RCCL Enchantment. NCL is much cheaper but my children really want the in room babysitting as the grandchildren are all aged 2-7, so that means Enchantment. We will be sailing in June when I suspect many children will be on board. How difficult will it be to get babysitters for the evening hours? We would need 3 for 3 different cabins. I am concerned that if they can't get babysitters they would not enjoy the cruise as much. Anyone know if we book the babysitters as soon as we get aboard will we be pretty sure to get them? Thanks.

Hi there, obviously it depends on who is available for baby sitting duties as RCI use other members of staff who want to make some extra money, however that said we went at christmas and new year and thought we would have no chance but we got 3 confirmed nights including xmas eve and new year which was excellent, the lady was great and I would definitely use the service again. I would just reccomend booking the nights you want as soon as you board to give yourself a better chance.

Enjoy!

About a year ago, one of the RCCL ships suspended babysitting service over Thanksgiving. There was none available for the whole cruise. It's not a guaranteed service, but as a pp said, it's a way for ships employees to make some extra money.

Last March break, there were over 900 kids on the ship. I booked babysitting as soon as I boarded for a few hours each day. They had no problem finding someone to do all of the hours.

It's more likely that your experience will be like mine, but again, there's guarantee.

Archived