Want to Try Carnival

woneill63

Can anyone recommend a four or five day cruise, out of Miami or Ft Lauderdale, on a newer ship ? My brothers, and a bunch of friends, do a guys only cruise once a year in late Jan or early Feb. We did RCCL Navigator in Jan 08 and Feb 09, the first one was fantastic, the last one was just too sedate, average age of cruisers was at least 50 to 60 years. My brother-in-law did Carnival about 5 years ago and had a terrible time, but I think that he was on an older ship. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Can anyone recommend a four or five day cruise, out of Miami or Ft Lauderdale, on a newer ship ? My brothers, and a bunch of friends, do a guys only cruise once a year in late Jan or early Feb. We did RCCL Navigator in Jan 08 and Feb 09, the first one was fantastic, the last one was just too sedate, average age of cruisers was at least 50 to 60 years. My brother-in-law did Carnival about 5 years ago and had a terrible time, but I think that he was on an older ship. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi there!!!! Right now, my mom is on the Destiny..its not the newest ship, but its very nice. I went on the Destiny for my honeymoon back in 2006 when it was going out of San Juan... I LOVED IT!!!! Now it goes out of Miami.. they are on a 5 nighter and it goes to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Turks and Cacos... I hope you have a blast wherever you go!!

** I love the party atmosphere on Carnival ships... I have been on RCCL and its just too layed back for me. I am in my mid 20's and have been cruising since I was in high school and I have always had more fun on Carnival....***

I also suggest the Destiny! It does 4 and 5 nighters out of Miami. Although as the previous person stated its not the newest ship but its a pretty decent size. I too was on her when she sailed out of San Juan and I loved it too! Its been in dry dock for updates so it should be nice to sail on.

Carnival typically uses it's older and smaller ships on the 3,4,& 5 day cruises. Destiny is the largest and one of the newest ships currently sailing on short itineraries. Starting in November, the Triumph will be offering 4 & 5 day cruises from New Orleans on a regular basis.

I too go with the Destiny. Choose the Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay & Nassau itinerary as your first response suggested. We were on the Destiny a few years ago out of San Jaun it's a large, great ship. 4-5 day itineraries usually have the a little younger crowd, and this would be an awesome cruise. We've been to these ports, if you like beaches you'll enjoy this a lot. We may book this for our december cruise.

I too go with the Destiny. Choose the Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay & Nassau itinerary as your first response suggested. We were on the Destiny a few years ago out of San Jaun it's a large, great ship. 4-5 day itineraries usually have the a little younger crowd, and this would be an awesome cruise. We've been to these ports, if you like beaches you'll enjoy this a lot. We may book this for our december cruise.

I second this.

What exactly was horrible about his cruise with Carnival? Just curious, as I have not been on a cruise that disappointed yet.

The Imagination out of Miami is not a new ship, but has had evolutions of fun upgrades and looks fabulous, its smaller then the Destiny, but I think the size is perfect and we always have a great time on Carnival. Her sister ship, the Inspiration, also updgraded, does the Western Itinerary if you dont want the Bahamas, but thats Tampa, closer drive and can fly in just as easy as FLL or Miami.

I'd even go so far as to recommend the Imagination on the 4-day Western Caribbean to Key West and Cozumel out of Miami.

While the ship is a little older, it just completed almost $40 million in upgrades and especially the cabins felt brand new. Can't beat the price either, I'm going again in December for less than $200 for an oceanview.

Freedom is one of their newer ships and does a 6 day from FLL...

Key West (almost all day), Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios.. With two sea days!

Nice itinerary, couple of 'ship' (party) days... and Key West!! :)

Pricing has been pretty good lately as well...:D

Wow, thanks for all your prompt replies. I will try to answer all in order.

Jes11583, Looked into Destiny, so far, so good. It has a four day, over a weekend, in late Jan 10, that will probably work out for us. I got a 25 % ex-military discount on RCCL, and a comparable balcony cabin is still cheaper on Carnival.

Beach410, He didn't like anything about his Carnival experience, from the food, service, to the bars and shows. He and his wife wanted to get off the boat and go home on the 2nd day, I had to convince him to sail with us.

Brillantseas, Thanks, I will look at the Imagination also. I would much rather sail from Ft Lauderdale, though, the airport is 10 minutes from the pier.

Stlrboo, We do these cruises to party, just the boys. I have been on a 7 day Liberty, beautiful ship. We are only looking at 4 to 5 days sailings.

Alphakitty, thanks for the link, I am anxious to see what the ship looks like.

Sidenote, I posted a similiar thread on RCCL, and have not received one response.

I got a 25 % ex-military discount on RCCL, and a comparable balcony cabin is still cheaper on Carnival.
CCL has a wonderful 'Military' discount which may be available on certain sailings.. Check with them to see which qualifies..!!!:)

vacations to go dot come will list them for you!:p

Archived