Pride of America

Kapuna

Just come off cruise of Feb 14/09:)

I have to agree with most people when they say it is just a floating hotel.

We were there to see the islands, and when you only have so many days, I think this is the best way.

Ship is very nice and clean, people that work on it are "very friendly" and "helpful", contrary to some of the postings.

Disappointed with the food. It was good, but did not "WOW" me like other cruises.:mad:

We had a balcony room on level 10. Room is a little small, but we found there was lots of storage space. Having a balcony makes it a lot better.

Did not do any of the ship's shore excursions except the Helicopter Tour at Hilo. Amazing flying around the volcano. You will find lots of other people willing to take you on a tour for less than the ship.

Overall, liked the cruise, but I do not think I will cruise with NCL again. Alot of penny pinching, i.e. having to pay for water and then having a sign in the buffet asking you not to refill your waterbottles.

Hope this info helps.:p

Glad you liked the volcano ride! Just a minor fyi..they have the signs to not fill up the water bottles because people were putting the water bottle opening directly onto the water thing. It spreads germs very fast. They have things in the back to fill up peoples bottles, just ask a crew member on your next cruise and I'm sure they will help. Believe me that rule is good for everyone!

I guess if they wanted to fill up your water bottle, they might have put up a sign advising you to do just as you say-"ask a crew member to do it for you".

My point about the water thing is that NCL left me with the impression of nickle and diming people. I am not talking about the people that work on the ship, just NCL policy. I could be wrong about this, but the 7 other people I was traveling with thought the same thing.

:)One thing that I want to point out again is that everyone except 1 person that worked on the ship were very friendly and helpful. As I said before, alot has been wrote about how rude and unhelpful the crew is on this ship.( the lady that worked at the food station at the pool could use a customer service course)

Nice cruise, well worth it. You get to see alot of Hawaii in just 7 days. Would do it again if not for the time it takes me to get there (12 hours flight time).:mad:

Since you are either there already or on your way, why don't you post about what you have noticed that is either different or new or improved since your last stint. Maybe you could let us know what people are saying when you talk to them onboard and ways to make the best of our week. Just a thought. See you in May.

I guess if they wanted to fill up your water bottle, they might have put up a sign advising you to do just as you say-"ask a crew member to do it for you".

My point about the water thing is that NCL left me with the impression of nickle and diming people. I am not talking about the people that work on the ship, just NCL policy. I could be wrong about this, but the 7 other people I was traveling with thought the same thing.

:)One thing that I want to point out again is that everyone except 1 person that worked on the ship were very friendly and helpful. As I said before, alot has been wrote about how rude and unhelpful the crew is on this ship.( the lady that worked at the food station at the pool could use a customer service course)

Nice cruise, well worth it. You get to see alot of Hawaii in just 7 days. Would do it again if not for the time it takes me to get there (12 hours flight time).:mad:

I knew what you meant and hope you didn't think I was trying to single out the water thing. I just know it was asked before in the past why the signs were there.

Glad you liked the crew!

Since you are either there already or on your way, why don't you post about what you have noticed that is either different or new or improved since your last stint. Maybe you could let us know what people are saying when you talk to them onboard and ways to make the best of our week. Just a thought. See you in May.

Will do! I board the ship on Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing what has changed since my last time on the ship.

Archived