18 more days...gift question

scubamoo

It is soooo close. We are so excited. I have read so many helpful things on this board. So glad I found it. However does anyone know what happens if guest do actually bring presents. Have any previous brides experienced getting gifts off of the ship before it sails. Please let me know.

Thanks Dawn

So close, you must be so excited!! I haven't sailed yet but I would think that people don't want to pack a lot in their bags either, esp. with the new bag restrictions on some airlines so hopefully if they bring a gift with will be cash or gift card. Good luck and let us future brides know if you got a lot of gifts so we can prepare!

It is soooo close. We are so excited. I have read so many helpful things on this board. So glad I found it. However does anyone know what happens if guest do actually bring presents. Have any previous brides experienced getting gifts off of the ship before it sails. Please let me know.

Thanks Dawn

As long as you can have a non-sailers tote them off for you..it shouldn't be a problem. I had two non-sailers tote a good bit of stuff off for me without any problems. It wasn't gifts, it was just wedding related stuff...but I wouldn't think it would be any different.

I spoke to Lissy yesterday, she called to confirm the location and some of the final details. She told me gifts were not allowed to be taken on board and if someone did get one onboard that we would have to pay duty and state taxes to get it off. So yesterday we made an attempt to contact everyone and tell them don't bring any gifts, to either give them to us before the wedding or after. I figured that is the best way to stop the problem before it starts....but learning that guest don't read, or listen we will probably still get some gifts brought on board anyway.lol. I am sure I will be to busy with the pre wedding prep. I won't mind anyway. lol

So EXCITED....16 more days

Dawn

Archived