Glory Tours & Yacht Lantana

thehappytravelers

A big hello to everyone out there on the boards.

I hope all your cruising days are happy ones.

My family and I recently returned home from a Destiny Cruise

We enjoyed it so much last year we decided to do it all over again.

Last time we took a tour with Sarah from Glory Tours http://www.glorytours.org she did such a good job that we decided to contact her again. My husband Ralph and the boys thought it might be a good idea to see Barbados from the sea this time as we did land last time. Sarah suggested we take a cruise with her uncle who owns a Yacht on the Island “Lantana” is its name http://www.glorytours.org/aboutuslantana.html . Apparently they used to work out of the grenadines but have moved operations to Barbados. Well as always Sarah provided us with the best advice and our day on board Lantana was a big success with the whole family. A day has not passed since when one of the boys draws reference to something they enjoyed about the day.

The captain was so warm and friendly. We truly felt that the yacht was ours that day. We were living the life. Ralph and the captain had a great rapport and spent much of the day chuckling about one thing or the other. The boys put out a line whilst sailing down the coat and to there delight caught a few fish. For myself I lay down on the deck enjoying the Sun shine.

When we arrived at our destination we all dove into the water some of us making a bigger splash than others. With our snorkeling gear on we explored the coral reef and swam amongst many tropical fish. It was all quite peaceful and calm until I felt a yank on my leg which jumped the bageezes out of me. It was my husband drawing my attention to my youngest son who was in pursuit of a turtle. It had seemed a family of turtles had joined us whilst I was busy exploring the reef. Todd my youngest son is a very determined boy and within minutes if not seconds her had grabbed onto the turtle and was taking a ride.

After all the great action in the water we climbed back aboard the yacht and enjoyed a delicious lunch. The Flying Fish and Potato Salad where awesome. Apparently Sarah’s aunt owns a catering company on the Island and provides the lunches for the cruises. Sarah also tells us her aunt is opening a restaurant on the Island soon. Well I guess we already know where we are visiting next year, that restaurant for some more great Bajan food.

Well with our stomach full of great food our heart full of stories and laughter and the wind in our face we headed back to the dock. It was a great day unforgettable in many ways.

Thank you for a great day in Barbados yet again Sarah :D

Archived