Portholes on gem????

plugged51

I recently booked an outside oceanview cabin midship deck four of the gem. Silly me, just assumed it was a picture window. Now i see that it is a porthole. Can anyone tell me if you have a waterview when sitting or must you stand to see the water. To some this might seem trivial, however, i enjoy walking into the room and seeing the waves. Thanks for your input

You will need to stand unless the seas are very rough!!

and ... if you put the two twin beds together to make a queen, you will need to stand on the bed to look "down" to the sea level.

The porthole is typically something like 24" in diameter and when it is rough, they will come to your cabin and put the solid watertight cover in place.

Sorry for to not-so-great picture.....if it helps any, friends of ours did a 7 day on the Pearl and enjoyed having the port hole.

totally disappointed. experienced cruiser so i blame myself for taking the window foregranted. i have 4 upgrade certificates but i hear they are useless...and at this time there are no oceanview cabins available...supposedly. oh well

Just keep checking something may open. Here is what you current cabin will look like from NCL.com

gem_strm_porthole_web.jpg

tell me if you have a waterview when sitting or must you stand to see the water. To some this might seem trivial, however, i enjoy walking into the room and seeing the waves.

To clear up any confusion, when you walk into the room.....are you usually sitting, or standing?

(I ask in all pseudo-seriousness....you COULD be one of those Yogis who bounce from place to place....on their bums)

Just keep checking something may open. Here is what you current cabin will look like from NCL.com

gem_strm_porthole_web.jpg

I also booked a port window on the Gem and now the cruise has increased quite a bit. Do you know have a picture of the closet and bathroom? Are there hair dryers in these rooms?

Thanks,

Kelly

Archived